Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Intel Data Breach - Report: Intel ($INTC) is investigating an alleged data breach that may involve 20GB of intellectual property accessed via an Intel partner portal, according to multiple reports.
2. Partnership - Managed Endpoint Detection and Response (MEDR): Cybereason and Deepwatch have partnered to help security operations teams protect enterprises from advanced cyber threats through a new Managed Endpoint Detection & Response (MEDR) solution, the two companies say.
3. MSPs - ISAO Threat Intelligence: CompTIA, a nonprofit organization and IT certifications provider, has created an Information Sharing and Analysis Organization (ISAO) for MSPs, solution providers and other channel partners. The CompTIA ISAO delivers threat intelligence to those partners.
6. Fortinet Quarterly Earnings: The MSSP-friendly technology provider delivered stronger-than-expected earnings and revenue for Q2 of 2020.
7. Integrations - Security Orchestration, Automation and Response (SOAR): Palo Alto Networks has created a marketplace for its Cortex XSOAR platform.
8. Internet of Things (IoT) Network Vulnerabilities: SentinelOne has identified four unique vulnerabilities in HDL Automation smart devices. The vulnerabilities exposed thousands of HDL devices to remote control by adversaries, leading to possible network intrusion, secret exfiltration, and even ransomware attacks. SentinelOne alerted HDL to the issues via the responsible disclosure process, and the vulnerabilities have been patched. Sternberg will present the findings at DefCon on Saturday, August 8. The complete research will be available on the SentinelLabs blog.