Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Black Hat USA 2020 Conference - Now Online Only: The Black Hat USA 2020 conference, set for August, is now online only. The face-to-face event was canceled amid coronavirus pandemic concerns.
2. Law Firm Data Breach: Grubman Shire Meiselas & Sacks, a large media and entertainment law firm, appears to have been the victim of a cyberattack that resulted in the theft of an enormous batch of private information on dozens of celebrities, Variety reports.
3. Integrations - SaaS-based Cybersecurity: ReliaQuest's GreyMatter SaaS platform natively integrates with and across more than 30 enterprise technologies, including Splunk, VMware Carbon Black, IBM, CrowdStrike, Palo Alto Networks, LogRhythm, SentinelOne, and Exabeam.
4. Research - Data Breaches: Risk Based Security today released their 2020 Q1 Data Breach QuickView Report, which finds that the total number of publicly reported breaches in Q1 2020 has decreased by 42% compared to the same period last year. Still, the number of records exposed for this quarter skyrocketed to 8.4 billion - a 273% increase compared to Q1 2019, and a record for the same period since at least 2005, when detailed reporting began, the firm says.
5. Government Risk Management: Telos Xacta now integrates with Microsoft Azure Government and Azure Government Secret to accelerate risk management and compliance processes in the government sector.
B. Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- List: Tech Conferences Canceled, Postponed or Online Only (Source: ChannelE2E)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar