Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
3. Israel Defeats Cyber Attack: Israel’s Defense Ministry said it thwarted a cyber attack that impersonated representatives of international companies and offered jobs to defense industry employees. The attack, launchd by Lazarus and backed by an unidentified foreign country, built fake profiles on LinkedIn. The attackers attempted to collect sensitive data by compromising the computers of defense industry employees and hacking official company websites. No harm or disruption was caused, Bloomberg reports.
4. NIST Zero Trust Architecture Guidance: Details are here.
5. Partner Program - Risk Mitigation: CyCognito has unveiled a Global Channel Program to help partners manage attack surfaces and eliminate digital risks facing customers.
6. Bug Bounty Program: FireEye has launched one.
7. Talent - Identity and Access Management (IAM): Simeio Solutions has named Chris Schueler as CEO.