Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. MDR and Microsoft: Red Canary Managed Detection and Response now integrates with Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP). The service, available to select Red Canary customers for nearly a year, is now generally available. Red Canary collects and analyzes Microsoft Defender ATP telemetry, delivering the fastest way for organizations to achieve detection and response objectives with Microsoft Defender ATP.
2. Expansion - Security Operations Center (SOC): Abacode plans to open a second 24/7 Security Operations Center in Las Vegas. Abacode's SOC services span SIEM (security information and event management), IDS (intrusion detection system) and EDR (endpoint detection and response) solutions. Due to their growth in this area, there was a need to continue bringing redundant capabilities for clients and partners.
3. Investment - Mobile Security: One Equity Partners has acquired a stake in Verimatrix. The seller was Jolt Capital.
5. Ransomware Attacks New Jersey Town: A ransomware attack last week impacted Bernards Township, New Jersey, computer systems and the township’s website went offline, GovTech reports.
6. Ransomware Attack Update: The criminal group behind the REvil (Sodinokibi) ransomware is extorting a New York-based law firm, threatening to release sensitive files on the company's celebrity clients unless the the firm pays a whopping $42 million ransom demand, ZDNet reports.
B. Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- List: Tech Conferences Canceled, Postponed or Online Only (Source: ChannelE2E)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar