Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Update - Microsoft Exchange Hacks: The United States and several allies have blamed hackers associated with China for the Microsoft Exchange Server cyberattack and email hack, which surfaced in early 2021.
2. U.S. Government - Cybersecurity Leaders: The U.S. government's cybersecurity team now has five overlapping roles jockeying for limited budgets, Wired reports.
3. U.S. Counters Russia IT Firms: The United States took a new stab at Russia's cybersecurity industry, restricting trade with four information technology firms and two other entities over "aggressive and harmful" activities -- including digital espionage -- that Washington blames on the Russian government, Reuters reports.
4. Hackers Target Journalists: Spyware from NSO Group was used in attempted and successful hacks of 37 smartphones belonging to journalists, government officials and human rights activists around the world, Reuters reports.
B. Cybersecurity Partner Programs, Strategic Alliances and Integrations
1. Phishing Detection and Response: Cofense has launched Cofense Protect MSP, a phishing protection solution that’s designed for MSPs tasked with protecting small and medium businesses (SMBs) against phishing attacks, the company says.
2. Distribution - Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR): Exclusive Networks has agreed to distribute SentinelOne to resellers in Australia and New Zealand. Exclusive Networks will provide the infrastructure for resellers to buy SentinelOne’s products on a consumption basis, with volume pricing and no minimum license quantity, Australia Reseller News reports.
3. IPO - Risk Management: Online risk management platform Riskified, backed by General Atlantic and Fidelity Management & Research Co, was aiming for a valuation of more than $3 billion in its U.S. initial public offering, Reuters says.
C. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Black Hat USA (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- CMMC Con 2021 (September 29, Virtual Event)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 4-8, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- InfoSec World 2021 (October 25-27, Orlando, Florida)
- @Hack Cybersecurity Conference (November 28-30, Saudi Arabia)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar