Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. RSA 2021 Conference Pushed Back: RSA Conference 2021 will now take place the week of May 17 instead of in February as previously planned. The physical event remains in San Francisco at the Moscone Center and it will be accompanied by a virtual experience.
2. Department of Defense- Cloud Security: The Department of Defense (DoD)'s innovation unit (DIU) will leverage Google Cloud for a secure cloud management solution to detect, protect against, and respond to cyber threats worldwide. Netskope is involved in the project.
3. FireEye Software Modules: The company's endpoint security platform has a new architecture and related software modules. Available via the FireEye Market, the new Endpoint Security modules fall under three general categories – Protection, Investigation & Response, and Enterprise Readiness. More modules are planned, including developments for automation of remediation.
4. REvil Ransomware Attacks 3D Printing Firm: Dark Owl shares details here.
5. Free Cyber Services - Education Sector: WhiteHat Security, an application security provider owned by NTT, will offer free application scanning services to any education institution to support secure online learning. The free education offering is the second no-cost option WhiteHat is providing to the public sector. In January 2020, the company also unveiled free application scanning services for federal, state and municipal agencies to combat rising nation-state cyberattacks. To take advantage of these offers, education and government organizations may contact WhiteHat Security’s cyberattack hotline at 800-648-5113. For more information on how WhiteHat is addressing application security and COVID-19 concerns, visit this resource center.
6. Video Game Back Door: ESET researchers have discovered a modular backdoor used by the Winnti Group against several video game companies that develop MMO (massively multiplayer online) games. The malware, named PipeMon by ESET, targeted companies in South Korea and Taiwan. The video games developed by these companies are distributed all around the world, are available on popular gaming platforms, and have thousands of simultaneous players, ESET says.
7. Integration - Microsoft Defender ATP: AttackIQ, a provider of breach and attack simulation solutions, now offers its simulations in the Microsoft Defender ATP evaluation lab.
8. Partnership: Exclusive Networks ME has announced its partnership with Checkmarx, a software security solutions firm for DevOps, the firms announced here. Under the partnership, Exclusive Networks will deliver Checkmarx’s Software Security Platform to customers in the Middle East, the report says.
9. Partnership - Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR): Endpoint protection provider Cybereason and mobile threat defense specialist Wandera are partnering to provide customers with advanced protection against mobile device threats, the companies say.
B. Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- List: Tech Conferences Canceled, Postponed or Online Only (Source: ChannelE2E)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar