Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Managed Detection and Response (MDR) - Part One: GoSecure has launched Managed Detection and Response Essentials, which includes: Endpoint detection and response; virus and malware protection; dashboards for executives and analysts; and automated response and alerting.
2. Managed Detection and Response (MDR) - Part Two: Kroll, a division of Duff & Phelps, has elevated its managed detection and response (MDR) capabilities with a new service called Kroll Responder. The MDR services span 24x7 monitoring, threat hunting and incident response.
3. Microsoft Defender Product Lines: Microsoft has reorganized and rebranded its Defender cybersecurity services for Microsoft 365 and Azure.
4. SME Cyber Insurance Gap: Less than 13% of small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) have cyber-insurance, according to GlobalData, InfoSecurity Magazine reports.
7. LokiBot Malware Warning: The U.S. Department of Homeland Security has issued this LokiBot malware warning.
B. MSSP Partnerships and Cybersecurity Alliances
2. Microsoft Security Partner: Mandiant, part of FireEye, has launched new cybersecurity services for Microsoft technologies. The new services bring together Mandiant expertise and intelligence with Microsoft security products to provide an "unprecedented level of security capabilities for customers," the company claims.
3. Integration - Zero Trust: Pulse Secure Zero Trust Secure Access solutions now integrate with McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO). Through this integration, customers of Pulse Secure Pulse Policy Secure (PPS) Network Access Control solutions can now ensure only compliant endpoints gain access to corporate resources, the companies say.
4. Integration - SIEM: AttackIQ, a provider of Breach and Attack Simulation (BAS) systems, has expanded its integration with the LogRhythm NextGen SIEM Platform. The integration helps security analysts to validate that their technology, people, and processes are effective against malicious attacks and threats, the companies say.
C. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conferences
- BlackBerry Security Summit 2020 (October 5-7, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2020 (October 14-15, Virtual Conference)
- CrowdStrike Fal.con 2020 Cybersecurity Conference (October 15-16, Virtual Conference)
- Exabeam Spotlight20 (November 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite20 (November 17-19, Virtual Conference)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar