Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Microsoft 365 Defender vs Log4j Vulnerability: The Microsoft 365 Defender portal now features a consolidated Log4j dashboard to help customers identify and remediate files, software and devices that are exposed to the Log4j vulnerabilities, Microsoft tweeted.
2. Another Log4j Security Issue: Checkmarx, an application security testing firm, discovered a way to use Log4j to launch malicious code, forcing yet another round of patching for affected users, SC Media reported.
3. Log4j Vulnerability Scanners: Here are 17 vulnerability scanners that can help MSPs and MSSPs to discover and mitigate Log4j security issues.
4. Zero Trust Managed Security Services: Futurism Technologies, an IBM Global Security Solutions Partner, has rolled out Zero-Trust Managed Security Acceleration Services. The services leverage IBM Security Solutions such as IBM QRadar, IBM Maas360, IBM Verify and IBM Guardium Data Protection, all integrated with IBM Watson.