Together, Vodafone and Accenture will provide the following seven managed security services to German SMEs:
- Penetration Testing: Allows German SMEs to simulate cyberattacks and perform internal and external tests across their network.
- Vulnerability Management: Identifies existing vulnerabilities in internal and external IT infrastructure.
- Phishing Awareness: Lets German SMEs use simulations to teach their employees about phishing attacks.
- Cyber Exposure Diagnostic: Shows German SMEs how well their IT systems are protected against cyber attacks.
- Managed Detection and Response (MDR): Provides around-the-clock security monitoring, analysis and reporting.
- Breach Response and Forensics: Offers a pre-defined plan of action to help German SMEs quickly identify and respond to cyber attacks.
- Firewall Management: Consists of firewall deployment, management and operation.
These services will be delivered by Vodafone and managed by Accenture, the companies noted.
The Vodafone relationship reinforces Accenture's continued expansion from enterprise services down into the SME market -- though we don't know just how far down market Accenture plans to extend.
Vodafone and Accenture: Earlier Partnerships
Vodafone and Accenture have a history of working together. Earlier announcements include:
- December 2021: Vodafone Business and Accenture partnered with Generali Group, an Italian insurance company. With the partnership, Vodafone and Accenture are creating a package of cyber insurance services to help organizations recognize, respond to and recover from cyber threats and incidents.
- July 2020: The two companies jointly invested in a security innovation lab. The lab's key areas of focus include workplace, cloud, Internet of Things (IoT) and SD-WAN environments. The companies also announced joint managed security, cyber assessment and professional services at this time.
Vodafone is one of the world's largest telecommunications groups, with over 300 million mobile customers globally.
Accenture Managed Security Services
Meanwhile, Accenture offers cybersecurity and other IT services to customers in more than 120 countries. The company has been growing its MSSP services both organically and through acquisitions.
Key Accenture acquisitions and investments have included:
- June 2021: Acquiring Sentor, a Swedish MSSP and cyber defense services company.
- June 2021: Investing in cloud data security software provider Symmetry Systems.
- May 2021: Investing in Prevailion, which provides organizations with insights into new, active and historical attacks across their networks.
- April 2021: Acquiring MSSP Openminded, and Brazilian cyber defense services company Real Protect.
- April 2020: Acquiring Symantec's MSSP business from Broadcom.
Additional insights from Joe Panettieri.