Cybersecurity software, cloud-based tool providers and MSSPs are introducing various free offers to help partners and customers amid the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Here’s a list of free tools and offers, updated regularly, to assist channel partners and MSPs with their cybersecurity needs during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Send Us Updates: Got a free offer or special effort designed to help MSPs and channel partners during the pandemic? Please email me details: [email protected]. We’ll give it a look and potentially add it to the list below. Note: The free trials should span at least 60 days.
- Friendly Reminder – Long-Term Costs: In most cases, the free offers below are for a limited time. Before you sign up for the services or deploy them for customers, understand the actual one-time or monthly costs you and your customers will face if you choose to continue consuming the product or service once the free promotion ends.
Portions of this blog originally published March 17, 2020, on ChannelE2E. Expanded to MSSP Alert on March 30, 2020. Final updates were made June 12, 2020. This blog is now closed to updates.
The List of Free Cybersecurity Offers and Promotions
BlackBerry The following solutions and services are available free of charge for a 60 day period:
Carbonite and Webroot, owned by OpenText, have introduced data protection and cybersecurity offers that span
- Carbonite Endpoint Protection
- Carbonite Backup for Microsoft Office 365
- Webroot Business Endpoint Protection
- Webroot DNS Protection
- Webroot Security Awareness Training
Foresite is offering these free managed & cyber services: a vulnerability scan, a phishing awareness campaign for up to 250 users, firewall monitoring and management for 60 days, Office 365 monitoring for 60 days, a vulnerability patch management assessment and free cybersecurity advice. Find details here.
The Global Cyber Alliance, a non-profit organization, has a Cybersecurity Toolkit for Small Business. All of the tools included in the toolkit are available for free.
Gurucul has announced two free services to help organizations protect themselves against COVID-19 cyber attacks that target their remote workers as well as third party service providers and contractors. The offerings deliver the Gurucul Unified Security and Risk Analytics platform as a cloud service with pre-configured and tuned algorithms that can detect unusual and high risk behavior patterns exhibited by remote worker as well as third party identities and devices, Gurucul asserts.
WatchGuard is offering extended free trials for these products and services:
- WatchGuard AuthPoint: Free 120-day trials licenses for up to 250 users of this cloud-managed multi-factor authentication solution. WatchGuard partners can review the AuthPoint Trial Activation Guide and new partners can inquire here.
- WatchGuard DNSWatchGO: Free 120-day trials for up to 250 users of this cloud-based DNS-level protection and web filtering tool. Existing WatchGuard partners can learn more via the DNSWatchGO Trial Activation Guide and new partners can reach out to the company here.
- WatchGuard FireboxV and VPN: WatchGuard is offering FireboxV licenses free for 120 days. Three mobile VPN options are supported and available to accommodate specific partner needs. Existing partners can review this FireboxV FAQ and reach out to their WatchGuard Channel Account Manager for more information. New Partners can contact WatchGuard here.
Zerto is making these technology services available for free to organizations impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Browser and Web Security:
- Check Point Software has launched ZoneAlarm Web Secure Free solution, giving users free protection against phishing attacks, malicious downloads and dangerous websites.
- Cyberinc is offering MSPs up to 10 free Isla remote browser isolation security subscriptions through August 31. After August 31 subscribers can get the remainder of 2020 at no charge with purchase of a 3 year subscription. Remote Browser Isolation prevents malware from reaching the end point, reducing security events by as much as 80%, the company says.
- Reflectiz has introduced a two-month free offer for website protection.
- SlashNext is offering free six-month licenses for the company's new Mobile and Browser Phishing Protection solutions.
- Venafi is offering a free six month trial of Venafi Cloud OutagePREDICT, which helps organizations avoid certificate-based outages. OutagePREDICT alerts users of potential certificate expirations ahead of time, so they can take action immediately and prevent application outages, the company says.
- Zorus Inc. has announced two promotions to help MSP partners support their WFH clients. This promotion, through June 30, 2020, provides WFH proxy-based web security and web filtering. It also introduces remote employee web monitoring to provide ease-of-mind for business owners concerned about remote workers productivity. The promotion includes (1) Archon – Discounts on all Partner volume levels for granular web security and web filtering and (2) Triton add-on – 1 free year of employee web monitoring for each seat of Archon purchased. New partners can inquire here. For further info email [email protected].
- Cyberhaven is offering a free cybersecurity assessment and 60 days free for the company's flagship security solution.
- Spirion is offering security teams a 60-day no-cost trial of its Sensitive Data Manager software to search remote workforce computers to identify sensitive data.
- VERA, a data security company, has introduced a free 90 day use of their product for Work From Home scenarios.
- IRONSCALES is offering 60 day free licenses to companies with at least 200 mailboxes to help prevent, detect and respond to credential theft, fake COVID-19 emails, malicious and BEC emails. Here are details.
- Vectra is offering their services for free through May 31, 2020, to detect account takeovers (ATOs) for Microsoft 365 accounts.
- RPost is offering RMail email encryption and RSign E-Signature services for free through May 2020 and longer if needed, after which service continues free at standard free plan levels.
- Trend Micro has introduced free phishing training and simulations.
- Trustifi, a SaaS email security company, is offering no-cost, 90-day trial licenses of its email encryption solutions to companies of 50 employees or more. Interested parties can use this link to engage a Trustifi representative who can manage the 90-day trial subscription. There is no obligation to purchase after the trail.
- AppGuard has introduced a free 90-day trial of AppGuard Solo.
- Automox: The company's cloud-native endpoint hardening platform is now free for 90 days.
- Bitdefender is offering security solutions free for up to 12 months.
- ConnectWise’s Continuum Fortify for Endpoint Security In partnership with SentinelOne, ConnectWise is providing 100 free licenses to Continuum Fortify for Endpoint Security at no cost until June 30, 2020.
- Defendify: The company's Cybersecurity Essentials Package is free.
- ESET has extended the free trial period from 30 to 90 days for ESET Internet Security, which protects Windows, Mac, Android and Linux devices. Also, ESET Dynamic Threat Detection (for users with more than 100 seats) and ESET Secure Authentication.
- Free - Crowdsourced Security: Bugcrowd's 90-day free offer details are here.
- Kaspersky‘s core endpoint security products are free to medical organizations for six months. The offerings include Kaspersky Endpoint Security Cloud Plus, Kaspersky Security for Microsoft Office 365, Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business Advanced and Kaspersky Hybrid Cloud Security.
- PCMatic: All current and future PC Matic MSP partners are now able to add unlimited endpoints to their accounts – at no additional charge through the end of June 2020.
- Prey Inc., provider of the cross-platform, open source anti-theft and device management software, has released a free Remote Device Monitor.
- Promon, the Oslo-based app security company, is offering its cybersecurity expertise and products for free to any organization, government body or public health institution that is helping to build a COVID-19 tracking app.
- ReaQta-Hive: The company is offering a BCP Endpoint Defense Package to help companies secure their remote endpoints. The BCP Package is a four-month free coverage available to all healthcare providers and qualified companies, and “easily deployable within minutes,” ReaQta-Hive says.
- RiskRecon and H-ISAC are offering free cybersecurity rating assessments through December 31, 2020 to healthcare organizations worldwide.
- SentinelOne: The autonomous cybersecurity platform company is making SentinelOne Core available free of charge beginning Monday, March 16 through Friday, May 16, 2020.
- Sophos: For the duration of the COVID-19 global health concern, all Sophos customers can protect their employees’ personal PCs and Macs for free with our Sophos Home Commercial Edition program. See details here.
- VIPRE's Endpoint Cloud Protection platform is available for a free 60-day trial (total). To participate, take a free 30-day trial of VIPRE Endpoint Security Cloud and VIPRE will extend the trial another 30 days. Click here to get the 30-day free trial. To extend the trial, contact VIPRE sales, [email protected].
Identity, Access Management & Network Security
- CloudKnox Security is offering a 30-day free trial of its Cloud Identity Risk Assessment.
- Fortinet is opening the entire online, self-paced catalogue of advanced Network Security Expert training courses for free.
- King & Union, ThreatConnect and D3i have announced a coalition offering free access to collaboration and threat intelligence solutions.
- SecureAuth is offering its Intelligent Identity Cloud package for free through December 15, 2020.
- SSH.com's PrivX, a privileged access management (PAM) solution, is free for up to 20 hosts
- Tufin Firewall Change Tracker is a new free tool that delivers real-time visibility into firewall rule changes for organizations of all sizes, the company says.
- TwoSense is offering free continuous authentication for remote workers through July 2020.
- Zero Networks is offering a free network control service for 2020 to companies in travel, entertainment, hospitality, and other industries hit hard by COVID-19.
Managed Detection and Response
- Alert Logic MDR Essentials, featuring endpoint protection and vulnerability scanning, is free for 90 days.
- CriticalStart and SentinelOne have partnered to provide free access to the MobileSOC platform through June 15.
- Cybriant has announced free access to its 24/7 Managed Detection and Remediation (MDR) service, powered by SentinelOne. The free offer runs March 16 through May 15, 2020. Cybriant’s 24/7 monitoring and remediation service will be free for 60 days after the initial installation of SentinelOne.
- Threatwatch's vulnerability management platform has a free tier.
- ReversingLabs offers an Emergency Assistance Package for industries heavily affected by coronavirus. The package offers 6 months of access to ReversingLabs Threat Analysis and Threat Hunting Program Consulting Services, Automated Threat Intelligence and Hunting Services, and ReversingLabs TitaniumCloud.
Managed Security Services:
- Breach Secure Now is offering this free guide to MSPs.
- Cyber GRX is offering free risk assessments for secure remote access.
- Foresite is offering these free managed & cyber services: a vulnerability scan, a phishing awareness campaign for up to 250 users, firewall monitoring and management for 60 days, Office 365 monitoring for 60 days, a vulnerability patch management assessment and free cybersecurity advice. Find details here.
- Siemplify, a SIEM and SOAR software provider, is offering a free community edition that is available for download. It comes pre-packaged with use cases such as Phishing or Malware investigations, to help MSSPs get started with the platform.
- Trustwave introduced this free remote security information pack
Mobile Security: Beachhead Solutions: MSPs (both new and existing Beachhead partners) can add free licenses of SimplySecure. The free license offer can be used for MSPs’ own employees and/or for their clients and their employees. Request details here: [email protected]
- Nodeware's vulnerability management solution is free for 90 days if you purchase an annual license (not billed until after 90 days).
- Stratozen has introduced free vulnerability scanning through May 30.