Zyxel Networks, a network solutions provider, has unwrapped its cloud-based Astra platform for business and home environments that enables small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) to secure remote users regardless of their location.
The cloud-based endpoint security service addresses the unique network security challenges of hybrid work environments. Astra enables network administrators to monitor and secure all endpoints through a single, intuitive portal to provide a protective bubble over roaming employees, Zyxel said.
According to Zyxel, these are Astra’s benefits and features:
- Borderless perimeter security. Astra’s cloud-based threat intelligence database is automatically updated and pushed to endpoints in real-time. The service places all aspects of security protection back into the hands of network administrators, enabling them to monitor and secure users regardless of where they are physically located.
- Ease of setup and use. Astra allows network administrators to easily monitor and control security settings on remote devices via an intuitive web portal and mobile app. The Astra app can be installed on mobile devices to enhance endpoint security and protect the company and its employees from phishing and exploit attacks, without compromising device performance.
- Ease of management. Employees’ devices can be monitored and managed using the Astra portal. The unified platform coordinates and prioritizes alerts, creates reports and analyses of abnormal events, provides instant visibility and control with customized security requirements, such as policy settings, and blocks websites before data breaches occur.
And There's More
Additional Astra features include:
- The platform enables administrators to view abnormal activities by event or member to predict and identify which of the suspicious events qualify as malicious attacks.
- Customizable content filtering profiles allow content categories to be restricted at the user level, allowing access to website URLs based upon business needs.
- Detailed threat statistics and network traffic analysis and security indicators allow network administrators to monitor members more effectively.
Commenting on the product release, Tri Nguyen, Zyxel channel sales and product manager, said:
“Securing the business is no longer only about securing the network. For people working on mobile devices outside of the corporate network, security must be enforced on the user’s device at the endpoint to provide a front-line defense against threats such as phishing and exploit attacks."
The Zyxel Astra app is available now as a licensed service for iOS and Android. A 30-day free trial for five users is available, allowing each licensed user to install Astra on up to two mobile phones. Available in five-user licenses with monthly and annual subscription options, each user can install Zyxel Astra on up to two mobile phones.
Subscription for each five-user license is $6.25 per month, or $60 per year. Businesses can purchase licenses to support up to 999 employees, with the ability to manage them from a single Astra portal.