As we wind up 2023 and before we start a new year, it’s time to look back at the stories that captured everyone’s attention in 2023. Managed security service providers, and everyone who protects against cyber threats, had a busy year.
Here’s a look back at the top stories you read at MSSP Alert in 2023:
- Johnson Controls Ransomware Hijack Could Contain Sensitive DHS Information
Johnson Controls has been hit by a king-size ransomware attack that shut down some of its IT systems and disrupted certain operations. The Dark Angels hacking crew is said to have orchestrated the attack on the prominent maker of industrial control systems.
- How to Price and Package Your MSSP Services for 2024
How do you price your MSSP services? By user? By device? By ingestion? Or is it something else? One MSSP 250 company has been on a vision quest to figure out the best approach.
- MDR 40-Plus: Top Managed Detection and Response (MDR) Companies: 2023 Edition
Top 40 managed detection & response (MDR) security companies. Based on Gartner MDR Market Guide 2023 plus MSSP Alert perspectives & analysis.
- MGM, Caesars Hit With Class Action Lawsuits Over Massive Breach of Personal Information
Six class action lawsuits claim that MGM Resorts and Caesars Entertainment failed to protect the personal identifiable information (PII) of their loyalty program customers.
- Dish Networking Grappling with Fallout From Cyberattack, Confirms Systems Hijack in 8-K Filing
Satellite television provider Dish Network acknowledges in an 8-K Securities and Exchange filing dated February 28, 2023, that it was hit by a cyberattack recently involving exfiltration of “certain” but unidentified data.
- Cybercrime Top 10 Rankings: China is No. 1 While U.S. Records Highest Rate of Security Breaches
The U.S. is ranked 10th in a listing of countries with the highest rates of cybercrimes, according to Bscholarly, an academic and legal blog.
- China-based Supply Chain Cyberattacks Hit Thousands of Android Devices
Cybersecurity firm Human Security disrupted a sophisticated, ongoing digital supply chain threat operating out of China targeting Android devices.
- Fortinet Unveils Security Operations Center (SOC) Augmentation Services
Fortinet introduced SOC-as-a-service, outbreak detection service and incident response and readiness services.
- SEC Cybersecurity Breach Rule: What it Means for MSSPs
MSSPs and MSPs could be well positioned to guide companies of all sizes through a process of determining and investigating a cyber incidents and advising on reporting.
- SentinelOne Denies Sales Rumors to Wiz
SentinelOne denied rumors that it was in acquisition talks with Wiz and further said it has terminated a six-month long resale partnership with Wiz, claiming that the deal did not add to its cloud security business.