MSSP Secureworks Launches Cyber Risk Security Maturity Model
An organization can use the Security Maturity Model to complete a complimentary evaluation to benchmark its cybersecurity maturity using Secureworks methodology, according to a prepared statement. Then, the model provides a report that scores an organization’s capabilities and behaviors across the following cybersecurity domains:
- Cloud security.
- Incident management.
- Security operations.
- Security organization and governance.
- Threat intelligence.
In addition, each Security Maturity Model report assigns a current security maturity tier and compares an organization’s results to peer benchmarks, Secureworks said. It also includes charts and graphs to help an organization assess its cybersecurity maturity and establish goals.
What Differentiates Resilient Organizations from Others?
The 2018 “Secureworks Security Leadership Study” indicated resilient organizations (most secure) and guarded organizations (least mature) differ in several areas, such as:
- Vulnerability Assessment: 56 percent of resilient organizations aligned and prioritized their vulnerability assessments based on their business goals. Conversely, 2 percent of guarded organizations did the same.
- Automated Security Analysis of Business Partners: 36 percent of resilient organizations conducted real-time automated security analysis of business partners, versus 2 percent for guarded organizations.
- Customized Endpoint Protection Based on User Profiles: 84 percent of resilient organizations leveraged customized endpoint protection based on user profiles, in comparison to 3 percent for guarded organizations.
The Security Maturity Model incorporates elements of various cybersecurity frameworks with insights from Secureworks’ global threat intelligence, incident response analyses and cybersecurity best practices, according to the company. By doing so, the model helps organizations assess their cybersecurity maturity and risks and optimize their cybersecurity investments.
How Did Secureworks Perform in 1QFY19?
The Security Maturity Model could help Secureworks further accelerate its revenue growth.
Some of Secureworks’ results during 1QFY19 included:
- Total revenue of $126.2 million, up 11 percent year over year.
- Monthly recurring revenue of $35.5 million, which represented an 11.4 percent year-over-year increase.
- A 50 percent increase in the annual value of quarterly deals.
- A 94 percent increase in the total value of closed deals greater than $1 million.
Secureworks today provides a wide range of managed security services, including advanced threat, security monitoring and vulnerability management offerings. It also has more than 4,400 customers worldwide and offers referral and reseller channel partner programs.