Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 30 September 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to:
Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
2. XDR for MSPs: ESET has launched a new cloud and XDR solutions for MSPs. The company also introduced a Direct Endpoint Management plugin for Kaseya VSA, as well as Native ARM Support for macOS.
3. Physical Security: Cloudflare announced a new offering to “make physical security keys the most accessible and economical solution for customers to better secure their business and employees,” the company said. To wit, Cloudflare customers can purchase Yubico’s security keys at an exclusive “good for the Internet” cost, Cloudflare added.
4. Funding – External Attack Surface Management: Detectify has raised $10 million in follow-on funding led by Insight Partners — the owner of Kaseya and Veeam, among other key investments. The new funding will be used to enhance Detectify’s vulnerability assessments and accelerate adoption of its Surface Monitoring and Application Scanning software.
5. Spyware: More than a dozen senior Indonesian government and military officials were targeted last year with spy software designed by an Israeli surveillance firm, Reuters reported.
6. Chip Concerns: Micron Technology continues to sound the alarm about falling demand for PCs and smartphones, Reuters noted.
B. Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- Mandiant mWise Cybersecurity Conference (October 18-20, Washington, D.C.)
- Claroty Nexus 2022 IoT Cybersecurity Conference (October 25-26, Miami Beach, Florida)
- Okta Oktane 2022 IAM Security Conference (November 8-10, San Francisco)
- Palo Alto Networks Ingnite22 (December 12-15, Las Vegas)
- Right of Boom 2023 (February 22-24, Texas)