Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 02 July 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
Here’s the daily business update for Tuesday, July 2, 2019.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Reorganization – Top 100 MSSPs: NTT Corp., the IT consulting and services giant, has reorganized NTT Communications, Dimension Data & NTT Security into NTT Ltd., an $11 billion IT solutions provider with MSP & MSSP capabilities. The former Dimension Data and NTT Security both were Top 100 MSSPs for 2018. The 2019 list will surface in September 2019.
2. Expansion – Canada: Qualys has launched the Qualys Canadian Cloud. The cybersecurity company now spans eight cloud locations on three continents.
3. Risk Analytics: Bitdefender’s GravityZone endpoint security solution now features security risk analytics capabilities and hardening capabilities. The new features “reduce the endpoint attack surface and proactively safeguard systems from breach by continuously discovering, prioritizing and remediating risks from endpoint software misconfigurations,” Bitdefender claims.
4. Smart Homes – Massive IoT Data Breach: Billions of user logs from users of devices manufactured by Chinese smart home device maker Orvibo Inc. have been found online in the latest of many unnecessary data exposures, SiliconAngle reports.
5. Cyberattack War Games: Austrian banks were found to be “by and large” well prepared to defend themselves from hacker attacks after the country’s financial regulator staged its first cyber war game, according to Bloomberg. The one-day exercise consisted of 170 fake attacks launched by 100 experts, testing the defense of banks, technology providers and public authorities, financial regulator FMA and the central bank said in a statement. The scenarios included blackmail attempts helped by malicious software, attacks that targeted system software and online banking apps as well as the shutdown of ATMs and websites, Bloomberg said.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. AWS Security Partner: Guardicore’s Centra Security platform, a cloud and data center micro-segmentation solution, has achieved Amazon Web Service (AWS) Security Competency status.
2, DNS Threat Intelligence: DomainTools has launched a Channel Partner Program for resellers and referral partners. The company also works closely with MSSPs and MDR (managed detection and response) service providers. DomainTools helps security analysts turn threat data into threat intelligence, the company says.
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- MSSP Accelerator: Sales and Marketing Summit (July 10-11, Cedar Rapids, Iowa)
- Cyber:Secured Forum 2019 (July 29-31, Austin, Texas)
- Black Hat USA 2019 (August 3-9, Las Vegas)
- EnergySec Security and Compliance Summit 2019 (August 19-21, Anaheim, California)
- GSX 2019: Global Security Exchange Conference (September 8-12, Chicago, Illinois)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.