Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 12 September 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Talent: Agio, an MSSP with managed detection and response (MDR) expertise, has hired Optiv and ArcSight veteran Peter Schawacker as managing director of cybersecurity operations. Most recently, Schawacker operated an independent cybersecurity consulting firm and also founded Sentinel Hackers, a technology user group for Azure Sentinel practitioners.
2. Data-Centric Security: Seclore is promoting the Seclore Endpoint Auto-Protector SDK, which “enables rapid integration of data-centric security with applications that run on end-users’ devices including Endpoint DLP, eDiscovery, Data Classification, and Data Governance solutions,” the company asserts.
5. Government Cloud Services: McAfee MVISION Cloud is being prioritized for FedRAMP High authorization based on demand from federal government agencies and approval by the Joint Authorization Board (JAB), the software company says.
6. EU-US Privacy Shield: The White House on Wednesday issued a statement of continued support for the U.S.-European Union Privacy Shield program, as government officials from both sides of the Atlantic gather this week for an annual review of the program, Inside Security reports.
7. Hacker Attacks Target Universities: The COBALT DICKENS threat group persists despite law enforcement actions and public disclosures, conducting another global campaign targeting universities, Secureworks reports.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
2. Service Provider – Fortinet: AeroNet, a business ISP in Puerto Rico, has joined the Fortinet Partners Program.
3. Security Awareness Training: Hook Security Inc., a channel-only security awareness training company, has launched a new Partner Portal.
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- CISA Cybersecurity Summit 2019 (September 18-20, National Harbor, Maryland)
- Exabeam Spotlight19 (September 30-October 2, San Francisco)
- EuroCACS/CSX 2019 (October 16-18, Geneva, Switzerland)
- Infosecurity and ISACA North American Expo and Conference (November 20-21, New York City)
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.