Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 17 October 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. MSSP – Security Testing: Trustwave, a Top 200 MSSP for 2019, has announced Trustwave Security Testing Services. Customers can leverage fully manage security scanning and testing from a single dashboard.
2. SMB Password Management: Devolutions has launched Devolutions Password Hub for small business. To the best of MSSP Alert’s knowledge, the company did not mention a channel or MSP partner strategy in the announcement. Meanwhile, several password management platforms specifically cater to MSPs. The MSP-friendly options include SolarWinds Passportal, Kaseya’s AuthAnvil and IT Glue, Myki and LogonBox, among others.
3. SMB Security: Check Point Software Technologies has released the new 1500 series security gateways for SMBs.
4. Talent – Threat Hunting: Binary Defense has hired FBI veteran Randy Pargman as senior director of threat hunting and counterintelligence.
5. M&A – Identity and Access Management (IAM): SailPoint Technologies Holdings has acquired Orkus and OverWatchID to “help organizations govern access to all applications.”
6. Ransomware and Cyber Insurance – Baltimore Update: As costs from a ransomware attack on Baltimore continue to come due, city officials will buy $20 million in cyber liability insurance to cover any additional disruptions to city networks over the next year, The Baltimore Sun reports.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Identity and Access Management (IAM) – Healthcare: Identity Automation has partnered with IGEL Technology to address IAM in the healthcare market.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- EuroCACS/CSX 2019 (October 16-18, Geneva, Switzerland)
- Mimecast Cyber Resilience Summit (October 28-30, Dallas)
- Qualys Security Conference (November 18-21, Las Vegas)
- Infosecurity and ISACA North America Expo and Conference (November 20-21, New York)
- New: PercyhCon 2020 MSP Security Conference (January 29-31, Tampa, Florida)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.