MSSP BlueteamGlobal Becomes BlueVoyant, Appoints Six Senior Executives
BlueteamGlobal, an MSSP that delivers cyber investigation, dark web threat intelligence and vendor threat intelligence services, has rebranded itself as BlueVoyant, effective immediately. Several new hires have also arrived.
The new corporate name embodies BlueVoyant’s mission to provide businesses with threat intelligence and safeguard companies against cyberattacks, CEO Jim Rosenthal stated. It also highlights the company’s commitment to prioritizing the “blue” side of cyber defense and a celebration of the successful integration of cyber threat intelligence platform provider BitVoyant and other portfolio companies, the business noted.
Security and Business Talent
Furthermore, the company has announced the following additions to its senior executive team:
- Tal Blaustein: Will serve as BlueVoyant’s head of security operations center (SOC) in Israel. Prior to joining BlueVoyant, Blaustein was the former head of cyber defense operations for the Israeli Defense Forces.
- David Lessing: Will serve as the company’s head of new products and partnerships. Lessing previously served as interim CEO of wealth management firm Beechwood Bermuda and chief operating officer of Morgan Stanley’s U.S. wealth management group.
- Brian Miller: Will serve as the company’s head of integration engineering and product manager within the company’s managed security services division. He most recently worked with Secureworks, where he helped create new managed security services.
- Steven Spadaccinihas: Will serve as BlueVoyant’s head of threat intelligence products. He joins BlueVoyant from FireEye, where he was responsible for product and marketing programs for intelligence, services and products.
- Ed Martin: Will serve as the company’s head of technical product management for managed security services. Martin comes to BlueVoyant from Secureworks, where he served as senior product manager for the company’s counter threat platform.
- Chris Teekema: Will serve as BlueVoyant’s head of client implementation and quality measurement. He previously served as senior network security manager for managed security services at Secureworks.
In addition, BlueVoyant this month said it plans to launch new commercial products next year, according to a prepared statement.
What Is BlueVoyant?
BlueVoyant is a combination of three cybersecurity companies — BitVoyant, K2G and K2 Cyber Defense. It was founded this year and boasts an 85-person team of cybersecurity experts from international intelligence, law enforcement and private sector organizations.
In August, the company secured $125 million in financing to offer threat intelligence for large companies and managed cybersecurity services for smaller businesses. The company today offers a variety of managed security services, including endpoint security, managed detection and response (MDR) and network security offerings.