Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 16 June 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director Joe.Panettieri@CyberRiskAlliance.com. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
2. Azure Data Protection: AvePoint, a SaaS and data management platform provider, has launched data recovery capabilities for Microsoft Azure.
3. Cloud Data Security: Hunters has launched Hunters Security ETL for Snowflake. The new product provides a l”ightweight, managed Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) solution to unify IT and security data spread across siloed tools and to enable a streamlined transition of data from traditional SIEM tools to Snowflake Data Lake,” the company indicated.
4. Cyber Risk Intelligence: Black Kite has launched FocusTags, a “fast and simple way for users to track high-profile cyber events and quickly identify which vendors have been affected within their supply chain,” the company said.
6. Funding: GreyNoise Intelligence, a cybersecurity company analyzing Internet scanning traffic to separate threats from background noise, has raised a $15 million round of Series A funding led by Radian Capital.
7. Cyberattack Scenarios: Immersive Labs has launched technical multiplayer simulations, including scenarios for both offensive and defensive teams in complex environments.
8. AWS – Data Security: Varonis Systems has launched new “security and boost data visibility in Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3).”
9. More NSO Group Concerns: The Biden administration is warning that a potential deal between a major American defense firm and NSO Group, a blacklisted Israeli spyware company, to buy the Israeli firm’s hacking tools would raise “serious” counterintelligence and security concerns for the U.S. government, The Washington Post reported.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Identiverse 2022 (June 21-24, Denver, Colorado)
- CyberArk Impact 2022 (July 12-14, Boston, Massachusetts)
- AWS re:Inforce (July 26-27, Boston, Massachusetts)
- Black Hat USA (August 6-11, Las Vegas)
- Defcon 30 (August 11-14, Las Vegas)
- Join Us: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar