Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 16 June 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. MSSP Partner Program: Cyble is positioning its threat intelligence platform for MSSPs.
2. Azure Data Protection: AvePoint, a SaaS and data management platform provider, has launched data recovery capabilities for Microsoft Azure.
3. Cloud Data Security: Hunters has launched Hunters Security ETL for Snowflake. The new product provides a l”ightweight, managed Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) solution to unify IT and security data spread across siloed tools and to enable a streamlined transition of data from traditional SIEM tools to Snowflake Data Lake,” the company indicated.
4. Cyber Risk Intelligence: Black Kite has launched FocusTags, a “fast and simple way for users to track high-profile cyber events and quickly identify which vendors have been affected within their supply chain,” the company said.
6. Funding: GreyNoise Intelligence, a cybersecurity company analyzing Internet scanning traffic to separate threats from background noise, has raised a $15 million round of Series A funding led by Radian Capital.
7. Cyberattack Scenarios: Immersive Labs has launched technical multiplayer simulations, including scenarios for both offensive and defensive teams in complex environments.
8. AWS – Data Security: Varonis Systems has launched new “security and boost data visibility in Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3).”
9. More NSO Group Concerns: The Biden administration is warning that a potential deal between a major American defense firm and NSO Group, a blacklisted Israeli spyware company, to buy the Israeli firm’s hacking tools would raise “serious” counterintelligence and security concerns for the U.S. government, The Washington Post reported.
10. Funding — Application Security Testing: Wipro has invested in ShiftLeft, a provider of automated application security testing services.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Identiverse 2022 (June 21-24, Denver, Colorado)
- CyberArk Impact 2022 (July 12-14, Boston, Massachusetts)
- AWS re:Inforce (July 26-27, Boston, Massachusetts)
- Black Hat USA (August 6-11, Las Vegas)
- Defcon 30 (August 11-14, Las Vegas)
- Join Us: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar