Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 02 August 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
2. Password Management for MSPs: Every LastPass Business Account now features Families as a Benefit. The result: MSPs can offer their clients a complimentary LastPass Families account for each end-user to help secure their personal life, plus five additional licenses to share with their family or friends, the company says. LastPass has also updated its MSP Admin Console with new PSA provisioning integration. Plus, the company will soon launch Advanced MFA for MSPs to offer to their clients.
2. Funding – Industrial Security: Nozomi Networks has raised $100 million from its customers and technology partners to help build new products and expand sales, Reuters reports. Nozomi Networks specializes in protecting critical infrastructure such as oil, gas, and water, as well as manufacturing facilities, the report said.
3. SolarWinds Hack: As part of the attack, hackers gained access to employee email accounts in 27 U.S. Attorneys’ offices. The hacks involved targeting Microsoft Office 365. Source: U.S. Department of Justice, July 30, 2021.
4. NIST – Risk Management and Artificial Intelligence: The National Institute of Standards and Technology is working to develop risk management guidance around the usage of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML), BankInfoSecurity reports.
B. Cybersecurity Partnerships, Strategic Alliances and Integrations
1. Partnership – Identity and Access Management (IAM) Managed Services: Deloitte now offers Saviynt‘s enterprise cloud identity solutions as a managed service. The strategy delivers Saviynt’s identity governance, privileged access, and access risk analytics capabilities to organizations as a managed service through Deloitte’s Digital Identity+ Platform, the two companies say.
2. Partnership – Vulnerability Management: GuardSight, a Top 250 MSSP for 2020, has incorporated Qualys into its service offering. This relationship expands GuardSight’s vulnerability management service offering by enhancing vulnerability scanning and compliance capabilities.
3. Partnership – Asia Managed Security Services: Continent 8 Technologies and Beeinfotech have partnered to offer managed cybersecurity solutions to businesses in the Philippines and across Asia. Continent 8 is a global managed network MSSP. Beeinfotech claims to be the Philippines’ largest telco neutral data centre operator.
C. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- AWS re:Inforce 2021 (August 24-25, Houston, Texas)
- CMMC Con 2021 (September 29, Virtual Event)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 4-8, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- Exabeam Spotlight21 (October 4-6, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- InfoSec World 2021 (October 25-27, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar