Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 03 May 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director Joe.Panettieri@CyberRiskAlliance.com. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Talent – MDR: Deepwatch has hired Accenture veteran John Lionato as executive VP of security operations.
2. Talent – Cloud SOAR & SIEM: Sumo Logic has named Tej Redkar to the newly formed position of chief product officer and Sophie Kitson as chief human resources officer.
3. MSP Software – Cloud Data Protection: N-able has launched Cove Data Protection, a cloud-first data protection-as-a-service (DPaaS) solution.
4. Security Scanning: OccamSec has launched a combination platform that supports continuous penetration testing and vulnerability scanning.
5. Endpoint Security: Syxsense has unveiled Syxsense Enterprise, an IT management and endpoint security solution that “delivers real-time vulnerability monitoring and instant remediation for every endpoint across an organization’s entire network environment,” the company said.
6. Application Security: nVisium has “expanded and enhanced its range of cloud security service offerings” to “encompass more in-depth cloud-native architecture analysis and code remediation services,” the company said.
7. Qualys Partner Program: Qualys has launched an enhanced channel and integration partner program.
8. Apple Mac Device Security: 1Password for Mac is now available.
9. Threat Detection as Code: SOC Prime has released Detection as Code On-Demand, a subscription model that will allow users to “more quickly and cost-effectively access relevant detection-as-code content from the SOC Prime Platform,” the company said.
10. Cybersecurity & Executive Protection Services: BlackCloak has launched its North America Partner Program. The program allows channel partners and MSPs to provide a SaaS-based cybersecurity and privacy solution that “protects the digital lives — the online privacy, personal devices, and home networks — of corporate executives, Board Members, and key company personnel,” the company said.
11. Alleged China-Connected Hackers: SentinelLabs researchers are tracking the activity of a Chinese-aligned cyberespionage threat actor operating in Central-Asia, dubbed Moshen Dragon, the security company said.
12. Ransomware Attack: Kellogg Community College has canceled classes indefinitely following a ransomware attack discovered over the weekend, the Detroit Free Press reported.
B. Cybersecurity Funding
Startups to line up funding include…
1. Identity and Access Management: Teleport has raised $110 million in Series C funding led by Bessemer Venture Partners with participation from Insight Partners and existing investors Kleiner Perkins and S28 Capital.
2. API Security: Traceable AI has raised $60 million in Series B funding led by Institutional Venture Partners (IVP), and other investors include Tiger Global Management and existing investors Unusual Ventures and BIG Labs.
3. Automated Application Security Testing: ShiftLeft has raised $29 million in funding from cybersecurity-focused investor SYN Ventures and Blackstone Innovations Investments with participation from existing investors.