Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 08 July 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director Joe.Panettieri@CyberRiskAlliance.com. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Funding – Cyber Insurance: Coalition has raised $250 million in Series F funding at a $5 billion valuation. Key investors included Allianz X, Valor Equity Partners and Kinetic Partners.
2. Cyber Insurance and Security Solutions: Apollo Brokers, a wholesale cyber insurance broker, has launched a Cyber Marketplace to offer cybersecurity solutions direct to insured clientele. The marketplace initially includes solutions from Trusona, Tetra Defense, CyberArk, CyberCube, Tenax Solutions, Security Scorecard and Strata.
3. Rebrand: Comodo Security Solutions is rebranding as Xcitium and launching a zero threat endpoint technology to “combat an increase in ransomware and other malware across all industries,” the company said.
5. Mobile Browser Security: Talon Cyber Security has introduced TalonWork Mobile, a secure mobile browser for businesses. The initial release supports Google Android. Apple iOS support is under development.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- CyberArk Impact 2022 (July 12-14, Boston, Massachusetts)
- AWS re:Inforce (July 26-27, Boston, Massachusetts)
- Black Hat USA (August 6-11, Las Vegas)
- Defcon 30 (August 11-14, Las Vegas)
- Gartner Identity and Access Management Summit 2022 (August 22-24, Las Vegas)
- Blue Team Con 2022 (August 27-28, Chicago)
- Join Us: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar