Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 08 November 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to:
- Managing Editor [email protected]; and
- Executive VP and Editorial Director [email protected].
Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Security – Internet Intelligence: DomainTools has launched a new Global Partner Program for VARs, MSSPs and MDR service providers.
2. Illegal Moonlighting? Deloitte India has fired a person who was reportedly running a hacking firm on the side, according to a report,
3. Security Coaching: KnowBe4 has introduced SecurityCoach — which offers real-time security coaching aimed at reducing risky behavior.
4. SMB Ransomware Survey: OpenText’s 2023 findings, based on Webroot research, are here.
5. Operational Technology Cybersecurity: Honeywell Connect has released its new operational technology (OT) cybersecurity solutions, designed to “assist customers in defending the availability, reliability and safety of their industrial control systems and operations,” the company said. The offerings include a new Advanced Monitoring and Incident Response (AMIR) dashboard and updated Cyber App Control.
B. Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite 22 Cybersecurity Conference (December 12-15, Las Vegas)
- Right of Boom 2023 (February 22-24, Grapevine, Texas)
- Women in Cybersecurity (WiCyS) 2023 (March 16-18, Denver, Colorado)