Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) News: 10 March 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Coming Soon: MSSP Alert, ChannelE2E and CyberRisk Alliance are working on something new specifically for the MSP and MSSP ecosystems. If you’d like the early details, please send email to Editorial Director Joe Panettieri and/or Executive VP Amy Katz with the subject line “Something New.” PS: Thanks to those who emailed us on March 9. We’ll get back to you… soon.
2. Funding – Threat Intelligence: Cybersixgill has raised $35 million in Series B funding led by More Provident and Pension Funds and REV Venture Partners. Additional participating investors include CrowdStrike Falcon Fund, Elron Ventures, SonaeIM, and OurCrowd.
3. SIEM Expansion – Asia Pacific and Japan (APJ): Securonix in the APJ region has grown its new MSSP logo bookings by 240 percent over the past year, though actual revenue dollar figures were not disclosed. Related executive moves include naming:
- Neil Campbell as vice president for APJ;
- Ajay Kumar as director for APJ and Middle East (ME); and
- Vinny Sharma as director of marketing for APJ and ME.
4. Integrations – Threat Intelligence: Recorded Future is now available through more than 100 global partner integrations, Example technology partners include Amazon Web Services (AWS), Cisco Systems, Devo, Esri, Exabeam, IBM Security, Microsoft, Palo Alto Networks, SentinelOne, ServiceNow, Splunk, and Swimlane.
5. Integration – Security Visibility: Noetic Cyber now integrates with Rumble Network Discovery. Security teams gain a “complete view of all assets in the organization, across on-premises networks and the cloud, revealing the current security state of all their assets and mapping the critical cyber relationships between them,” the two companies asserted.
6. Endpoint Security – New Modules: Malwarebytes has expanded its Nebula cloud-native endpoint protection platform to include two new modules: Vulnerability Assessment and a preview of Patch Management modules, both powered by OPSWAT, the company said.
7. Cybersecurity Upgrade: Darktrace has updated its cybersecurity platform with:
- A new UX/UI design enhancing and streamlining workflows.
- Explainable AI that communicates decisions and actions in plain English.
- AI capable of making micro-decisions allowing human experts to make macro-decisions.
8. Zero Trust Education: The Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) has launched the Zero Trust Advancement Center for research and educational projects. CrowdStrike, Okta and Zscaler are the driving forces behind the center.
9. Partnership – Passwordless: Axiad and Venafi have partnered to “simplify passwordless authentication and access for users and machines, the two companies said.
11. Talent – Boardroom: Safe Security has named Michael Johnson, a government CISO, to the company’s board of directors.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- GISEC 2022 (March 21-23, Dubai)
- McAfee MPower Digital 2022 (March 22-23, Virtual)
- Apptega Amplify Partner Summit 2022 MSSP Security Conference (April 27-28, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Fortinet Accelerate 2022 (May 10-13, Virtual)
- ItaliaSec 2022 (May 24-25, Milan, Italy)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar