Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 13 October 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. M&A – IAM and MSSP: Herjavec Group, a Top 250 MSSP backed by private equity firm Apax Partners, has acquired Segmentech of Toronto. The deal further strengthens Herjavec Group’s Identity and Access Management (IAM) and Privileged Access Management (PAM) capabilities. Herjavec Group and Segmentech both are CyberArk partners.
3. CrowdStrike Fal.Con 2021 Conference: All the news is here.
4. Ransomware Meeting – Russia Excluded: Russia was not invited to attend a 30-country virtual meeting led by the United States that is aimed at combating the growing threat of ransomware and other cyber crime, Reuters reported.
5. Research – Remote Code Execution Vulnerabilities: Barracuda explains the risks here.
6. Security Dashboard: Kaspersky Security Center by December 2021 will provides a centralized management dashboard for “security orchestration of the entire OT (operational technology) infrastructure,” the company said. Customers can see a map of all geographically distributed assets enriched with events, incident analytics and more, Kaspersky said. The company did not mention whether the dashboard is multi-tenant for MSPs and MSSPs.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- LogRhythm RhythmWorld Security Conference 2021 (October 12-14, virtual)
- CISA National Cybersecurity Summit 2021 (October 13, 20 & 27, virtual)
- BlackBerry Security Summit (October 13, Virtual)
- Saviynt Converge 21 Identity and Security Conference (November 3-5, Huntington Beach, California)
- Black Hat Europe 2021 (November 8-11, London)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar