Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 14 April 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Funding – XDR for SMB: Blueshift Cybersecurity has raised $6.0 million ion seed funding from WestWave Capital and CyberJunction. Blueshift will utilize the seed capital to expand sales, marketing, and channel development efforts, invest further in R&D and operations, and build out its management team, the company indicated.
2. Funding – SaaS Security: DoControl has raised a $30 million Series B funding led by Insight Partners, with participation from StageOne Ventures, Cardumen Capital, RTP Global, and CrowdStrike’s early stage investment fund.
3. Funding – Autonomous Red Teaming: Prelude, a Washington, D.C-based startup that helps organizations harden their cyber defenses through the use of autonomous red-teaming, has secured $24 million in Series A funding, TechCrunch reported.
5. Rackspace Becoming MSSP?: Rackspace Technology has joined the Microsoft Intelligent Security Association (MISA), an ecosystem of security software companies and MSSPs. It’s the latest clue that Rackspace is more fully extending from multi-cloud managed services to cybersecurity services.
6. Botnet Disrupted: Microsoft’s Digital Crimes Unit (DCU) has taken legal and technical action to disrupt a criminal botnet called ZLoader, according to a Microsoft blog.
7. Microsoft Security Advisory: Microsoft has released an advisory to address CVE-2022-26809, a critical remote code execution vulnerability in Remote Procedure Call Runtime Library, the CISA reported.
8. Leadership: SnapAttack has hired Paul Caiazzo as chief growth officer.
9. Talent – Identity and Access Management: Ping Identity has named Rakesh Thaker as its new SVP, chief development officer.
10. Partner Program: Offensive Security has launched the Offensive Security Global Partner Program.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Purple Hats 2022 by AttackIQ (April 21)
- Apptega Amplify Partner Summit 2022 MSSP Security Conference (April 27-28, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Fortinet Accelerate 2022 (May 10-13, Virtual)
- Black Hat Asia 2022 (May 10-13, Singapore)
- ForgeRock IDLive 2022 (May 23-25, Austin, Texas)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar