2. M&A – Rebrand:MorganFranklin Consulting, a management and technology advisory firm, has rebranded Vaco’s cybersecurity practice to MorganFranklin Consulting. Vaco acquired MorganFranklin in July 2019.
3. Funding – Data Security:Cyral, a cloud service for enabling security policies at the data layer, has raised $11 million Series A funding round led by Redpoint Ventures with participation from A.Capital, Costanoa VC, Firebolt, SV Angel and Trifecta Capital.
4. Funding:Security Compass has secured growth equity funding from FTV Capital, and named Rohit Sethi as CEO.
9. Vulnerability – Pulse Secure VPN: A vulnerability at Travelex that was exploited by hackers to disrupt the money-exchange company existed at dozens of major U.S. companies and institutions, potentially leaving them open to similar breaches, according to cybersecurity firm Bad Packets, The Wall Street Journal reports.
10. Talent – MSSP:Binary Defense has promoted Mike Hofherr to COO. He oversees sales, marketing, product and client services.
B. MSSP Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
1. Cybersecurity Education: The LSU Engineering faculty has received a $3.4 million National Science Foundation Scholarships for Service grant, which will fund 21 scholarships in cybersecurity training over a five-year period. LSU is one of only 11 new schools to receive the SFS grant in 2019. The first round of scholarships is expected to be awarded this fall.