Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 16 November 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor James.Masters@CyberRiskAlliance.com.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
2. Partnership – MDR: ePlus Technology will begin offering Deepwatch’s MDR and related services to end-customers. The lineup of options also includes managed XDR, EDR, vulnerability management and firewall management.
3. MDR Service: Vectra AI has launched Vectra MDR — which allows Vectra MDR analysts and customer security analysts to hunt, detect, prioritize, investigate and respond to attacks together, the company said.
4. Compliance – Cyber Risk Management: Cybriant has achieved SOC 2 Type 2 certification following its annual SOC2 Type 2 audit.
5. Passwordless Authentication: SecureAuth has unveiled Arculix Universal Authentication Fabric, a framework that “delivers authentication driven by artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) behavioral modeling, provides continuous risk scoring and makes passwords obsolete by eliminating login credentials,” the company asserted.
6. Funding – DevSecOps Automation: BoostSecurity has emerged from stealth with $12 million in seed funding. The funding round was led by Sorenson Capital, with additional support from Hoxton Ventures, Golden Ventures, Firebolt Ventures and Transform VC.
7. Data Protection: Rubrik has unveiled Rubrik Cyber Recovery to (1) validate whether cyber recovery plans will work; (2) clone backup snapshots for faster security testing; and (3) conduct forensic investigations in parallel to recovery.
9. Cyber Insurance Market Cooling Off? The market for cyber insurance has begun to stabilize after a surge in ransomware attacks in recent years propelled a steep rise in premiums, The Wall Street Journal reported.
B. Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- The Official Cyber Security Summit Series (Multiple dates and locations)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite 22 Cybersecurity Conference (December 12-15, Las Vegas)
- Right of Boom 2023 (February 22-24, Grapevine, Texas)
- Women in Cybersecurity (WiCyS) 2023 (March 16-18, Denver, Colorado)
- RSA Conference 2023 (April 24-27, San Francisco)