Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 16 September 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Netsurion Expands European MSSP Presence: Netsurion, a Top 250 MSSP that supports 600 MSP partners, continues to expand its European footprint. Key moves include hiring James Spooner as managing director for the region. The company plans to focus its expansion efforts on the U.K., Germany, Austria, Switzerland and the Nordic countries.
2. MSSP Rebrand: 5thColumn, a SaaS-based cybersecurity managed services provider for midsize organizations, is rebranding as UncommonX to “reflect the company’s uncommon approach to tackling cybersecurity threats.”
3. Business Expansion – SIEM and XDR: Exabeam has expanded its presence in South Asia with a new office in Pune, India. The location will initially support nearly 60 employees across the R&D and customer success teams.
4. SentinelOne Integrations: SentinelOne now features Network Detection and Response (NDR) integrations with Arista, Fidelis Cybersecurity, and Vectra. Those integrated NDR solutions are now available through the SentinelOne Singularity Marketplace.
5. Research – XDR (eXtended Detection and Response): Roughly 57% of organizations are prioritizing secure cloud migrations and 48% are looking to implement Zero Trust, a new ReliaQuest study says.
6. Cybersecurity Training, Education and Skill Development: SANS Institute has launched New2Cyber, a “new curriculum proven to help non-technical professionals enter the cybersecurity field.”
7. Kaspersky Transparency Report: The first Kaspersky Transparency Report is now available.
8. Microsoft Cybersecurity Executive: Microsoft has hired former Amazon Web Services (AWS) executive Charlie Bell as executive vice president of cybersecurity operations (CyberOps), reporting directly to CEO Satya Nadella. Bell described his career move to Microsoft in a LinkedIn post.
9. Executive Leadership – Cyber Insurance: Specialist insurer Beazley has named Raf Sanchez as its new global head of cyber services. Sanchez, currently international manager of Beazley breach response services, will move to the new position on October 1, and joins the global cyber & tech management team. He remains based in London.
B. Cybersecurity Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
1. Partnership – Secure Access Service Edge (SASE): LOGIX Fiber Networks is partnering with Versa Networks to offer SD-WAN and SASE solutions to end-customers.
2. Partnership – Zero Trust and Operational Technology: Mission Secure and XONA are partnering to offer “more holistic operational technology (OT) cybersecurity solutions across multiple sectors.”
3. Partner Program – Secure Access Management: SecureLink, which develops a VPN alternative, continues to expand its PartnerLink partner program. Key partners include Cavalry Solutions, Cyber Distribution, and SkyHelm. The ecosystem now spans 38 partners globally, SecureLink says.
4. Cyber Insurance Marketplace: Cowbell Cyber has launched a cyber risk exchange marketplace called Cowbell Rx. The market helps businesses gain access to “recommended partners that offer solutions to organizations in order to meet the minimal criteria to get cyber insurance coverage,” the company says.
C. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Top 250 MSSPs 2021 List (September 16, Live Webcast and On-Demand)
- Sumo Logic Illuminate 2021 User Conference (September 28-29, Virtual)
- CMMC Con 2021 (September 29, Virtual Event)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 4-8, Hybrid – virtual and in-person)
- Exabeam Spotlight21 (October 4-6, Hybrid, virtual and in-person)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar