Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 17 November 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
2. Attack Surface Management: QOMPLX has released Q:SCAN, an Internet attack-surface scanning and scoring solution aimed at helping organizations identify and fix external cyber exposures, the company says.
3. Momentum – Identity Risk Management: SecZetta announced record sales in Q3 2020 driven by significant customer wins, successful system integrator and reseller partnerships, and new product features, the company says. Actual revenue and profit figures were not disclosed.
4. Apple Privacy Concerns: Apple has responded to privacy concerns over the Mac software security process, The Verge reports.
5. Talent – Twitter Security: Twitter has hired Peiter Zatko, widely known by his hacker handle Mudge, to the new position of head of security, giving him a broad mandate to recommend changes in structure and practices. Zatko answers to CEO Jack Dorsey and is expected to take over management of key security functions after a 45- to 60-day review, Reuters reports.
B. MSSP Partnerships and Cybersecurity Alliances
1. Partnership – MSSP and Microsoft: BlueVoyant, a Microsoft Gold Partner and MSSP Alert Top 250 MSSP, has joined the Microsoft Intelligent Security Association (MISA), an ecosystem of independent software vendors and managed security service providers (MSSPs) that have integrated their solutions to help customers mitigate security threats. BlueVoyant offers expert consulting and customized deployment services for Azure Sentinel and the BlueVoyant Modern SOC. The BlueVoyant Modern SOC combines 24/7 managed detection and response with Azure Sentinel, Microsoft 365 Defender and Azure Defender to detect and remediate threats across endpoints, users, email, and cloud workloads, the company says.
2. Integration – SOAR (Security Orchestration, Automation and Response): Farsight DNSDB now integrates with Palo Alto Networks Cortex XSOAR. Through this integration, Farsight DNSDB and Cortex XSOAR enable security analysts to “uncover and gain context for all connected DNS-related digital artifacts, from domain names and IP addresses to nameservers and MX records, in seconds,” the two companies assert.
3. Partnership – Endpoint Security: Tanium and IBM have partnered to create a security and compliance monitoring solution for hybrid cloud, creating an “easy path to verify and validate compliance for highly regulated industries such as healthcare, financial services and government,” the companies say.
4. Partnership – Cyber Insurance and Endpoint Protection: Coalition and Malwarebytes are partnering to offer endpoint security and cyber insurance to protect organizations from cyberthreats, the companies say.
5. Partnership – Container Security: Qualys has worked with Google Cloud to provide out-of-the-box support for Google Cloud Artifact Registry for its Container Security solution, the companies say.
6. Partnerships – Managed SD-WAN Services: Masergy is expanding its SD-WAN Secure solution to offer Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) capabilities. The SASE capabilities leverage technology from Bitglass and Fortinet.
7. Partnership – Secure Payments: PCI Pal is working with Oracle to offer its contact center customers additional security and compliance options for Cardholder Not Present (CNP) payments. Bringing together Oracle’s market-leading Enterprise Session Border Controller (E-SBC) with PCI Pal’s proven PCI compliance solutions, Oracle customers can “ensure that their voice interactions and sensitive cardholder data are secure,” the companies say.
C. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conferences
- Ignite20: Palo Alto Networks Conference (November 17-18, Virtual Conference)
- Black Hat Europe 2020 (December 7-10, Virtual Conference)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- Black Hat USA 2021 (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit 2021 (October 4-8)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar