Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 19 April 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. MSP Incident Response Service: ConnectWise has launched an incident response service for MSPs.
2. MDR and Incident Response Services – Europe: Brigantia, a specialized cybersecurity value-added distributor for the UK and Ireland, is promoting eSentire’s MDR and incident response services to MSPs.
3. SOAR (Security Orchestration and Automated Response) – Asia-Pacific Region: Swimlane has launched its cloud service natively in the Asia-Pacific Japan (APJ) region. On a related note, Swimlane’s Asia-Pacific revenue rose 173% in the past four months, with more than 7x revenue growth in the past 6 months, the company said. Actual revenue dollar figures were not disclosed.
4. Partner Program – Identity Security: Roughly 80% of One Identity global company sales involved the channel during the fiscal year ended January 31, 2022.
5. Partnership – Federal Government Security: B&A, a government systems integrator, has partnered with Trend Micro to promote “better, faster detection and response to threats,” the two companies said.
6. CEO – SaaS Risk and Compliance Management: Exiger has named Brandon Daniels as CEO, effective May 21, 2022.
8. Lenovo Laptop Vulnerabilities & Patches: Details are here from ESET.
9. Cybersecurity – Least Developed Countries (LDCs): BitSight plans to contribute to Partner2Connect Digital Coalition. The move is designed to “help Least Developed Countries (LDCs) accelerate improvements in their country’s cybersecurity posture and reduce the cyber capacity gap,” the company said.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Apptega Amplify Partner Summit 2022 MSSP Security Conference (April 27-28, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Fortinet Accelerate 2022 (May 10-13, Virtual)
- Black Hat Asia 2022 (May 10-13, Singapore)
- ForgeRock IDLive 2022 (May 23-25, Austin, Texas)
- New: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar