Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 24 June 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. MSSP Services – Government Contract: The City of Charlotte, North Carolina has hired R9B for managed security services.
2. MSSPs and Network Security: Nuspire has launched HALO, a “holistic approach to network security and incident response focused on providing customers with the best service experience,” the company says.
3. Zero Trust Endpoint Security: Illumio has announced Illumio Edge, a “first-of-its kind Zero Trust endpoint protection solution that dramatically reduces the risk of ransomware and malware propagating laterally throughout an organization,” the company says.
4. Ransomware and COVID-19: ESET has discovered ransomware posing as a COVID-19 tracing app. ESET also has a decryptor for the ransomware….
7. Linux and Google Android Security: Microsoft Defender, an Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) platform, has extended to protect both Linux and Google Android systems.
8. Security Analytics: Cisco Stealthwatch offers five benefits to channel partners and end-customers, the networking giant asserts.
9. Streaming and Malware: Americans using illegal piracy devices are much more likely to bring malware and hackers into the home, a Digital Citizens Alliance survey of 1,512 U.S. consumers found.
11. Cloud Security Education: The Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) says three of its most popular assessment and guidance documents are now available in 10 languages. The offerings include the Cloud Controls Matrix, Consensus Assessments Initiative Questionnaire, and Privacy Level Agreement Code of Conduct for GDPR Compliance documents.
12. Cybersecurity Assessments: Canadian cybersecurity firm Akouto has released a free tool to help small and medium businesses better protect themselves against cybercrime and online threats. Geared for organizations with fewer than 500 employees, the tool allows organizations to spot gaps in their cyber security fefenses and identify basic measures they can put in place to protect themselves against new and evolving cyber threats.
B. Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- List: Tech Conferences Canceled, Postponed or Online Only (Source: ChannelE2E)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar