Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 24 May 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director Joe.Panettieri@CyberRiskAlliance.com. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Partnership – MDR Services: Pondurance MDR services now leverage CrowdStike Falcon.
2. MDR – Who Owns Response?: That’s an ongoing conversation that MSSP Alert has been having with MDR companies as well as end-customers. Here is Rapid7’s perspective on who owns incident response.
3. Threat Hunting: Forescout Technologies has launched Forescout Frontline, a threat hunting service utilizing a “team of highly-trained cybersecurity analysts to support cybersecurity teams by proactively identifying risks, enabling accelerated incident response, and maturing security posture.
4. Security Data Analysis: Netenrich has introduced its Resolution Intelligence platform to “analyze real-time security data to determine which high business impact resources are most vulnerable, at critical risk, and need immediate response,” the company said.
5. Active Directory Security: XM Cyber, an attack path management company, has announced a new security capability for Microsoft’s Active Directory (AD). The capability protects customers against such attack vectors as vulnerabilities, misconfigurations, user privileges and human errors.
6. Funding – Identity Security: Semperis has raised over $200 million in Series C funding led by KKR, with participation from Ten Eleven Ventures, Paladin Capital Group, Atrium Health Strategic Fund, Tech Pioneers Fund, and existing investors including Insight Partners.
7. Network Detection and Response (NDR): Fortinet has unveiled FortiNDR, a new network detection and response offering that leverages artificial intelligence and pragmatic analytics to “enable faster incident detection and an accelerated threat response,” the company said.
8. Government Cybersecurity: Check Point Software Technologies has completed a new Common Criteria (CC) certification — which reinforces Check Point’s ability to “meet or exceed the security requirements of the 31 Nations who are members of the Common Criteria Recognition Agreement (CCRA),” the company noted.
9. Public School Cybersecurity Grants: IBM will provide in-kind grants valued at $5 million to help address cybersecurity resiliency in schools worldwide. The program is expanding from the United States to include grants in Brazil, Costa Rica, Ireland and the United Arab Emirates. As part of each grant, sponsor teams of IBMers will help schools proactively prepare for and respond to cyberattacks, the company said.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2022 (June 6-8, Orlando, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2022 (June 6-9, San Francisco, California)
- Open XDR Summit 2022 (June 7-8, San Francisco, California)
- Gartner Security and Risk Management Summit 2022 (June 7-9, Maryland)
- Identiverse 2022 (June 21-24, Denver, Colorado)
- New: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar