Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 25 April 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director Joe.Panettieri@CyberRiskAlliance.com. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Private Equity and MSSPs: KKR, which frequently acquires MSPs, MSSPs, telecom and technology services companies, has raised $19 billion for the new KKR North America Fund XIII (also known as NAX3). KKR’s previous acquisitions and investments include Barracuda Networks, CyrusOne, Ensono and Optiv Security.
2. Security Software Suite: Trend Micro has launched Trend Micro One, a unified cybersecurity platform that “enables customers to better understand, communicate, and lower their cyber risk,” the company indicated. Initial security and software partners include Bit Discovery, Google Cloud, Microsoft, Okta, Palo Alto Networks, ServiceNow, Slack, Qualys, Rapid7, Splunk, and Tenable, according to Trend Micro.
4. Lapsus$ Cyberattack Hits T-Mobile: Details are here.
5. Partner Program – Cloud Security and Compliance: Anitian, a former VAR and MSSP that pivoted into cloud security software, has launched the Anitian Accelerate Partner Program. The program helps partners to adopt “standardized, pre-built, and automated cloud application infrastructure platforms to help enterprise customers modernize their cloud security environments while meeting the highest levels of zero trust security and compliance,” the company said. The three-tiered program supports resellers & MSSPs, technology partners, and 3rd Party Assessor partners.
6. Microsoft Governance & Compliance Software: Microsoft has grouped its data governance, information protection, risk management, and compliance products under the Microsoft Purview umbrella.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Apptega Amplify Partner Summit 2022 MSSP Security Conference (April 27-28, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Fortinet Accelerate 2022 (May 10-13, Virtual)
- Black Hat Asia 2022 (May 10-13, Singapore)
- ForgeRock IDLive 2022 (May 23-25, Austin, Texas)
- Join Us: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar