Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 27 August 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Security Automation: CYDERES, the Security-as-a-Service division of Fishtech Group and a Top 25 MSSP, has upgraded its proprietary Cloud Native Analytics Platform (CNAP). The 2.0 release offers BigQuery and Looker integrations with Google Chronicle. The result: Pre-built and customized dashboards can “easily visualize data ingestion and health, IOC matches, threat detections, authentication events, and much more,” CYDERES asserts.
2. Free Active Directory Security Assessment Tool: Semperis has released Purple Knight 1.3, a free security assessment tool built to “enhance organizations’ ability to fight identity-related cyberattacks by automatically uncovering Active Directory security weaknesses.”
3. Risk Management and Business Intelligence: Strider Technologies has launched Strider Shield, a risk intelligence solution that “allows organizations to take a proactive approach to protect employees, safeguard intellectual property (IP), and secure long-term competitiveness,” the company says.
B. Cybersecurity Partner Programs, Strategic Alliances and Integrations
1. Fortinet and Dragos: Fortinet’s FortiGate will be the first firewall integrated into the Dragos Platform. Customers will gain asset visibility, inventory, vulnerability management and threat detection capabilities for industrial asset owners, the two companies say.
2. Security Software – MSP License Management Tools: The Kaspersky License Management Portal (LMP), which enables MSPs to order and manage Kaspersky product licenses, now supports regular license ordering. The result: The process of renewals and new license ordering for partners and distributors is now automated and can be done in a few clicks instead of email correspondence, Kaspersky says.
3. Partner Program – Security: Trend Micro has launched WeDiscover — a channel partner demand generation program — across the Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa (AMEA) market. The demand generation initiative provides a “well-designed framework for channel partners to identify unexplored markets, investigate newer revenue streams and accelerate sales,” Trend Micro says.
4. Partner Program – API Threat Protection: Approov has announced the Approov Alliance and Integration Program to “ensure that the critical elements of comprehensive mobile app API protection are rigorously tested and work together harmoniously and seamlessly to avoid both data leakage and exposure of the app’s core logic,” the company says.
5. Partner Program – Log Management: Logit.io has launched a new global partner program to engage MSPs, MDR service providers, VARs and technology alliance partners. Partners can offer customers open-source technology, such as Kibana, Grafana & AWS’s offering of Elasticsearch & Kibana (soon to be known as Opensearch and Opensearch Dashboards), Logit.io says. Use cases for the software, according to the company, include:
- Infrastructure, server, cloud, container, SSL and uptime monitoring;
- compliance and auditing;
- business intelligence & analytics;
- SIEM (security information and event management); and
- application performance monitoring (APM).
C. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Fortinet Championship Security Summit (September 13 and 17, Napa, California)
- Top 250 MSSPs 2021 List (September 16, Live Webcast and On-Demand)
- CMMC Con 2021 (September 29, Virtual Event)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 4-8, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- Exabeam Spotlight21 (October 4-6, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar