Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 27 January 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Government MSSP: Appalachia Technologies is now an approved MSSP vendor for PASSHE, the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education.
2. Partnership – Barracuda Networks and SentinelOne: They’re working together. More details soon.
3. Endpoint Security Funding: Portnox, a provider of cloud-native network and endpoint security solutions, has raised $22 million in Series A funding led by Elsewhere Partners.
4. SaaS Security: DoControl has announced no-code security workflows to extend Zero Trust beyond the identity, device and network into the SaaS data layer, the company said.
5. Momentum – Attack Surface Management: CyCognito, a provider of external attack surface management and attack surface protection solutions, has grown its Fortune 500 customer roster by 300 percent and its worldwide Channel Partner Program’s global revenue growth has quadrupled over the last 12 months, the company indicated. Actual dollar figures were not disclosed.
8. Launch: VeeMost Technologies has launched VeeShield Cloud Security platform. It’s initially available to corporate customers as part of their managed services bundle. It will then be publicly available for all enterprise users and home users.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Right of Boom (February 9-11, Tampa, Florida)
- Zero Trust World 2022 (February 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- GISEC 2022 (February 21-23, Saudi Arabia)
- McAfee MPower Digital 2022 (March 22-23, Virtual)
- Apptega Amplify Partner Summit (April 27-28, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar