Cohesity Expands Collaboration With Microsoft to Help Businesses Protect Data
Cohesity, a data security and management provider, has expanded its relationship with Microsoft to help businesses extend their footprint worldwide and harden data security, the company said.
To make its case, Cohesity pointed to Zippa’s data that cyberattacks occur every 39 seconds with 30,000 websites hacked daily costing the global economy $6.9 billion in 2021.
Commenting on the partnership with Microsoft, Sanjay Poonen, Cohesity chief executive and president, said.
“This expanded collaboration will make it simple for thousands of Microsoft customers and ecosystem partners to access Cohesity’s award-winning platform, including its differentiated benefits of scalability, simplicity and security, in hybrid-cloud or multicloud scenarios.”
Exploring the Cohesity-Microsoft Partnership
The collaboration is built on integrations with Microsoft Sentinel, Azure AD and multi-factor authentication along with availability on Azure, enabling Microsoft customers to protect and secure their data across hybrid environments.
Here are the key elements of the partnership:
- Cohesity’s DataProtect backup and recovery solution, both on-premises as well as its backup as a service offering, now integrates with Microsoft Sentinel, the cloud-native security information and event management (SIEM) platform.
- Cohesity provides seamless integration with Azure AD (Active Directory) and multi-factor authentication (MFA) to safely and securely manage and access Cohesity products, including Cohesity Data Cloud and Cohesity Cloud Services.
- Actionable data intelligence for data discovery, privacy, security and governance is collected across the Microsoft environment with Cohesity data classification powered by BigID. BigID has built integration with Microsoft Purview that joint customers can benefit from.
- Cohesity Cloud Services are now available on Azure, empowering Microsoft customers to easily protect and secure their data across hybrid environments.
- Cohesity FortKnox, Cohesity’s SaaS cyber vaulting service, provides another layer of protection with predictable data recovery.
- Cohesity DataProtect, delivered as a service, is an enterprise-grade backup as a service (BaaS) offering that now supports Microsoft 365.
Cohesity Adds AI Capability
In addition to the widened deal with Microsoft, Cohesity said it will put forth its artificial intelligence (AI)-ready data structure that, when combined with OpenAI, will advance generative AI initiatives around threat detection, classification, anomaly detection and more.
Last November, Cohesity put together a data security alliance that includes BigID, Cisco, CrowdStrike, CyberArk, Okta, Palo Alto Networks, Securonixm, Splunk and Tenable plus new security advisory relationships with Mandiant and PwC.