Cisco SecureX Gains Unified Device Management Capabilities
Cisco SecureX is set to support a new feature called Device Insights. The new capability could be useful for MSPs and MSSPs that are seeking to fully understand what types of devices are linked to a network, and how those devices are secured.
In a blog, Cisco SecureX Product Marketing Manager Coty Sugg said the Device Insights capability “unifies multiple device managers, endpoint detection and response, AV, and other endpoint security products and then brings the details those tools and solutions provide into a unified view within SecureX.”
Cisco announced the new capabilities to coincide with the RSA Security 2021 virtual conference.
Cisco SecureX: Expansive View of Endpoint Security
Dig a little deeper, and Cisco says Device Insights allows SecureX partners and customers to answer seven key security questions:
- What types of devices are connected to our network?
- What users have been accessing those devices?
- Where are those devices located?
- What vulnerabilities are associated with those devices?
- Which security agents are installed?
- Is our security software up to date?
- What context do we have from technologies beyond the endpoint?
Cisco announced the SecureX platform at RSA 2020. Roughly 6,500 customers have adopted the platform since that time. The software became generally available in mid-2020. Key capabilities include:
- Security data and event analysis.
- Threat identification.
- Threat remediation via data enrichment across security products and threat intelligence feeds.
- Cisco Talos threat analysis.
Cisco Security Solutions for MSPs, MSSPs
Cisco has been busy on the security front. The company launched a managed detection and response (MDR) service for its partners at the November 2019 Cisco Partner Summit in Las Vegas, Nevada. Moreover, the company continues to tout Duo, Meraki and Umbrella capabilities that are specifically designed for MSPs in the small business sector.