MDR Mergers & Acquisitions List: 20 Managed Detection & Response Buyouts
Merger and acquisition (M&A) activity in the MDR (managed detection and response) market remains steady to strong.
Here’s a list, updated regularly, of cybersecurity mergers and acquisitions involving MDR service providers and software providers. Did we overlook any MDR M&A deals? If so, please email details to MSSP Alert Content Czar Joe Panettieri ([email protected]).
MDR Mergers and Acquisitions: M&A Deal List
20. June 2021: MDR services provider Pondurance, backed by private equity firm Newlight Partners, acquired Bearing Cybersecurity for risk management technology.
19. March 2021: Kroll acquired Redscan, a Top 40 MDR service provider with MSSP, XDR (eXtended Detection & Response) & SOC telemetry expertise.
18. January 2021: Huntress acquired network-aware EDR security technology from Level Effect.
17. December 2020: Investors acquired MSSP & MDR service provider SilverSky from BAE Systems.
16. June 2020: IT consulting giant Atos acquired Paladion for MDR and SOC capabilities.
15. June 2020: VMware acquired Lastline, a network detection & response (NDR) startup that supports MSSP partners.
14. May 2020: Business advisory & expert services firm Ankura acquired the MDR division of digital legal transformation company UnitedLex.
13. January 2020: ActZero acquired IntelliGO Networks. The focus: Artificial intelligence (AI) for MDR cybersecurity services, and next-gen MSSP capabilities.
12. January 2020: Private equity firm Skyview Capital acquired Fidelis Cybersecurity, an MDR service provider with threat detection, hunting & incident response capabilities.
11. December 2019: MSSP CyberProof acquired Spanish cybersecurity company Necsia for MDR more.
10. November 2019: ADT acquired DATASHIELD to push deep into MDR cybersecurity services plus blend the worlds of physical & network security.
9. October 2019: Fortinet acquired enSilo endpoint detection & response (EDR) security business.
8. September 2019: Ernst & Young acquired ElevatedPrompt Solutions & integrated the MSSP’s MDR solutions into its cybersecurity portfolio.
7. August 2019: GoSecure acquired EdgeWave to blend MDR with email inbox security & other managed security services.
6. January 2019: Sophos acquired Rook Security, a Top 20 MDR company with cyberthreat hunters & incident response experts.
5. January 2019: Sophos acquired cybersecurity startup DarkBytes for MDR, SOAR & MSSP services.
4. October 2018: eSentire acquired Versive. The goal: Blend AI (artificial intelligence) technology with MDR cybersecurity services.
3. July 2018: SolarWinds acquired Trusted Metrics for threat monitoring & SOC security software.
2. January 2018: CounterTack acquired GoSecure, combining a predictive endpoint security company with an MSSP packing MDR capabilities.
1. October 2017: Booz Allen Hamilton acquired Morphick, converging the MSSP & MDR markets.