Micro Focus Acquires Interset Security Analytics
The acquisition comes just as Micro Focus appears to be regaining its footing. The company stumbled badly in 2018 after buying certain software assets from HP Enterprise. But Micro Focus described improving business conditions earlier this week.
Meanwhile, the Interset acquisition expands Micro Focus’ security, risk and governance portfolio and supports the company’s mission to help organizations validate and assess risk, according to a prepared statement.
Interset’s technology leverages user and entity behavioral analytics (UEBA), machine learning and big data to help organizations identify insider and outsider threats. The technology’s features include:
- Advanced Analytics and Machine Learning Models: Offers more than 350 advanced analytics and machine learning models to identify, correlate and verify high-risk behaviors.
- Analytics: Uses machine learning to analyze threat data and identify insider threats, fraud and other cyber threats.
- Big Data: Combines an advanced analytics engine with open-source, big data technology.
Interset’s technology helps Micro Focus enhance its UEBA offering, the companies said. It empowers Micro Focus customers with security and operations (SecOps) data insights, resulting in fast, accurate threat detection and analysis.
A Closer Look at Micro Focus’ Security, Risk and Governance Portfolio
Micro Focus’ security, risk and governance portfolio helps organizations safeguard their applications, data and identities. It includes the following solutions:
- ArcSight: Provides a security information and event management (SIEM) solution to identify, protect, detect, respond to and recover from cyberattacks.
- Fortify: Blends static, dynamic and mobile application security testing with continuous monitoring for web apps in production.
- Secure Content Management: Offers visibility into structured and unstructured data to help an organization discover all sensitive information across its applications and system databases.
In addition, Micro Focus’ security, risk and governance portfolio helps organizations meet compliance mandates and manage data based on security policies, the company stated.
Micro Focus: Here’s What You Need to Know
Micro Focus is a pure-play software company that offers a distributed correlation solution for SIEM. The company also provides security solutions to help organization protect their applications and data against known and unknown threats.
Furthermore, Micro Focus offers a partner program for MSSPs, solution providers and systems integrators. This program enables channel partners to provide Micro Focus’ security, IT operations management, application delivery management and information management and governance offerings to their customers.