ConnectWise has agreed to distribute Foresite's MSSP, compliance, cybersecurity, and security operations center (SOC) capabilities for MSPs and technology solutions providers (TSP)s, the two companies confirmed today.
The ConnectWise-Foresite pact provides MSPs and TSPs with access to the following solutions:
- Incident Response: Enable partners to address cyberattacks before they begin.
- Monitoring and Alerting: Help partners identify threats, mitigate future issues and gain data security insights.
- Testing and Assessment: Ensure partners can detect unknown vulnerabilities.
MSPs can instantly incorporate the aforementioned solutions into their portfolios, Foresite President Marc Brungardt stated. That way, MSPs can capitalize on the rising demand for cybersecurity solutions, Brungardt noted, and increase their revenues.
Foresite is a global service provider that offers managed security and cyber consulting solutions. The company delivers security monitoring and alerting, threat intelligence and other managed security services, as well as certifications, security testing and assessments and various cyber consulting offerings.
ConnectWise Eyes the Cybersecurity, Managed Security Services Markets
ConnectWise provides MSPs and TSPs with business management, remote monitoring and management (RMM) and sales automation software. The company has been extending its reach in the cybersecurity sector, introducing third-party solutions that MSPs, TSPs and MSSPs can leverage.
The ConnectWise journey into managed security services has unfolded over the past year or so. First, CEO Arnie Bellini shared nine requirements for building a managed security services practice during his IT Nation 2016 presentation. Since that time, ConnectWise has partnered with several cybersecurity experts and MSSPs in addition to Foresite, including:
- EC-Council: ConnectWise and EC-Council, the world's largest cybersecurity technical certification organization, provide MSPs with cyber threat educational resources and training.
- AlienVault: AlienVault, a provider of unified security management (USM) for MSSP threat detection and incident response, integrated its USM Anywhere platform into the ConnectWise Manage business management software. The integration was announced last month at IT Nation 2017.
- Arctic Wolf: Along with the AlienVault integration, SOC-as-a-service (SOCaaS) provider Arctic Wolf launched the integration of its AWN CyberSOC solution into the ConnectWise business management software suite at IT Nation 2017.
ConnectWise partners with security vendors to deliver antivirus and anti-malware, email protection, encryption and password management integrations and solutions. These offerings are designed to help MSPs safeguard their customers against external cyberattacks targeting user accounts and endpoints.
ConnectWise Rivals Make Their Moves
Traditional ConnectWise rivals have also been making security-centric moves. Examples include:
- Autotask and Datto are merging, and Datto has quietly been building out a UTM (unified threat management) appliance.
- Continuum building a SOC for MSPs to tap into. General availability is expected in early 2018.
- Kaseya has energized its AuthAnvil identity and access management portfolio with so-called "Powered by..." SaaS offerings.
- SolarWinds MSP is preparing multiple security moves as part of the company's push beyond RMM solutions.
Outsourced SOCs for MSPs
Meanwhile, multiple companies are developing or launching SOC-related services for MSPs. In addition to the Arctic Wolf, Continuum and Foresite examples above, key names to know include:
- ChannelSOC, which surfaced at the CompTIA ChannelCon 2017 conference in August;
- CyberBit, which offers a SOC to MSSP partners like MNS Group;
- CyFlare -- which has a SOC for VARs;
- NetEnrich -- which offers SOC services to midsize MSPs and VARs;
- Trusted Metrics offers a home-grown Elastic SOC to partners; and
- Infogressive and Carvir are two up-and-coming master MSSPs that offer their services to MSPs.
We'll keep an eye on all the major players and emerging disrupters.
Additional insights from Joe Panettieri.