Deloitte & Touche, a subsidiary of Deloitte, a Top 250 MSSP and Top 250 Public Cloud MSP, has acquired cyber threat hunting services and solutions provider root9B (R9B). The company will use R9B's cyber threat hunting capabilities to bolster its Fusion managed security services, according to a prepared statement.
This is M&A deal number 65 that MSSP Alert and ChannelE2E have covered so far in 2021. See all technology M&A deals for 2021 and 2020 listed here. Also, we've tracked more than 50 MSSP mergers and acquisitions here.
R9B offers vulnerability assessments, penetration testing, defense forensics, incident response, defensive security and hunt operator training, Deloitte indicated. These offerings will be integrated into Fusion to help organizations accelerate their incident response times, improve their security programs and generate threat insights.
A Closer Look at Fusion
Fusion consists of threat and data risk management services across the following areas:
- Threat Detection and Response: Provides a glimpse into an organization's cybersecurity environment and offers insights to help security teams protect critical assets
- Attack Surface Management: Detects vulnerabilities, identifies security and compliance issues and orchestrates remediation via asset identification, service fingerprinting and vulnerability scanning
- Threat Intelligence: Centralizes collection, storage and analytics for security operations center (SOC) actions, threat hunting and incident response
- Threat Hunting: Uncovers cyber threats and provides details about the potential dangers they pose to an organization
- Data Protection: Provides management of a program for threat monitoring, detection and remediation against accidental or intentional data exfiltration and misuse
Fusion combines cybersecurity technologies and human intelligence to help organizations monitor, detect, investigate and respond to cyberattacks, Deloitte said. It is backed by a global network of cybersecurity professionals.
What Does the R9B Acquisition Mean for Deloitte?
R9B helps Deloitte expand its Fusion managed security services portfolio. It also represents one of several recent moves that helps Deloitte extend its global cybersecurity market reach.
Along with the R9B acquisition, Deloitte in November partnered with Qualys to enhance its managed security offerings in Hong Kong. Deloitte now leverages Qualys for VMDR (Vulnerability Management, Detection and Response) and Multi-Vector EDR (Endpoint Detection and Response) via the Deloitte Hong Kong Cyber service.
Furthermore, privileged access management (PAM) solutions provider Thycotic last year announced a partnership with Deloitte. With the partnership, Deloitte delivers Thycotic's PAM solutions to global organizations.