Foresite Vulnerability and Patch Management is powered by Ivanti, an IT asset and service management solutions provider, and offers automated patching across physical and virtual servers and workstations. The solution's features include:
- Custom Reporting: Offers reports and dashboards via the Foresite ProVision information security management system portal.
- Discovery Services: Help organizations comply with industry regulations and business requirements.
- Endpoint Monitoring: Uses endpoint and statistical information to help operations and security staff identify vulnerabilities.
Foresite Vulnerability and Patch Management is now available as part of the company's Managed Security Services portfolio.
What Does Vulnerability and Patch Management Mean for Foresite?
Foresite Vulnerability and Patch Management enhances the company's Managed Security Services portfolio, which includes the following offerings:
- Incident Response: Helps organizations identify cyberattacks, mitigate damage and collect relevant data.
- Security Device Management: Consists of full and co-managed security infrastructure solutions.
- Security Monitoring & Alerting: Provides outsourced monitoring and management of security infrastructure and systems.
- Threat Intelligence: Detects cyber threats and enables organizations to create custom security policies to identify threats that otherwise may result in compliance violations.
Patch Management: Old Topic, New Interest
Qualys this week unveiled the Qualys Patch Management (PM) cloud app for IT and security teams. Qualys PM blends vulnerability assessment, threat prioritization and remediation and automates patch deployment.
Meanwhile, Datto last month integrated automated third-party patching into its Datto RMM 6.5 release. MSPs now can use Datto RMM 6.5's automated patch management tools to help organizations secure their IT infrastructure.
The flood of patch management moves parallels MSP and MSSP efforts to mitigate ransomware threats. Hackers frequently target unpatched systems and documented vulnerabilities to launch attacks.
Foresite Appoints SVP of Global Sales, Secures Venture Capital Funding
In addition to its R&D efforts, Foresite is making moves on the talent and funding fronts. The company this month named former Optiv Security executive John Koehnecke as its SVP of global sales. Koehnecke manages Foresite's domestic and international market expansion and sales and business development organization.
Furthermore, Foresite last month secured venture capital funding from Elsewhere Partners. Foresite is using the funding to drive its organizational growth, marketing development, sales, geographic expansion and product development.