Google's multi-layer security strategy continues to gain more partners. The latest move involves Google Chrome OS and Chrome Browser security integrations to help keep enterprises safe, the search giant asserts.
The Chrome security efforts, Google asserts, span:
- New partner security integrations;
- New data controls in Chrome OS to help secure associated data; and
- Hardware updates to keep enterprises safe.
Google Chrome Security Integrations
On the partner integration front, Google points to:
- Identity and user access relationships with Netskope Security Cloud integration and Okta Identity Engine’s policy support for Chrome OS.
- Endpoint Management integrations with BlackBerry UEM and Samsung Knox Manage integration.
- For security insights and reporting, a Splunk Cloud Platform integration. Also, Palo Alto Networks and CrowdStrike integrations will be available through the Chrome Enterprise Trusted Tester Program soon -- though a specific date was not disclosed.
Google is expected to provide additional details and context during a Chrome Enterprise Day event on June 8, 2022.
Google Cloud Security: MSSP Partner Program, Mandiant Acquisition
Meanwhile, Google also continues to accelerate its cloud security strategy. Key moves to note include:
- April 2022: Google Cloud announced a Chronicle MSSP Partner Program. Early partners include Cyderes (part of Herjavec Group and Fishtech Group), Netenrich and Novacoast, according to Google.according to Ganesh. The Chronicle MSSP Partner Program surfaced three months after Google Cloud acquired Siemplify in January 2022.
- March 2022: Google announced plans to acquire Mandiant for $5.4 billion -- thought the U.S. Department of Justice is taking a look at the pending deal.
Also of note: Amazon Web Services (AWS) in August 2021 introduced the Level 1 MSSP Competency for AWS Partners as it tries to foster new partnerships with MSSPs and ISVs. AWS Partners can earn this competency to deliver AWS security and monitoring as a fully managed service.