ITC Secure, a British MSSP and network security consultancy, has purchased U.S. cybersecurity advisory firm SBD Advisors for an undisclosed sum. The move comes after ITC acquired the G3 cyber consulting team in January 2018.
ITC will maintain SBD's existing consulting practice, according to a prepared statement. In addition, ITC plans to develop and launch new cyber advisory services for customers in the United States, UK and Europe.
SBD helps organizations assess and mitigate risk. Now, ITC can leverage SBD's business, political risk and strategic communications consultants to help customers anticipate and manage cyber incidents.
The SBD acquisition enhances ITC's advisory capabilities and extends the company's reach into the U.S. market, the company said. It also allows ITC to accelerate product development and innovation to better serve its global customers.
What Is ITC?
ITC provides cyber threat advisory and managed security services. The company offers on-premise, cloud-based and hybrid security capabilities, and its security offerings include:
- Cyber Threat Management: Provides early prediction of cyber threat damage or data breaches.
- Firewall and Intrusion Prevention: Enables an organization to leverage a firewall solution installed either on-premises or in the cloud and configured according to its security policy.
- Information Security and Risk Management: Helps an organization address the risk management lifecycle.
- Mobile Device Management: Allows an organization to securely connect to remote and mobile devices.
- Vulnerability Management: Provides a cloud service that empowers an organization with global visibility into IT system vulnerabilities and how to safeguard end users against these threats.
ITC also offers NetSure360°, which provides organizations with infrastructure and security management as a service. Key features of NetSure360° include:
- Continuous real-time threat assessment.
- Granular visibility into an organization's network and security posture.
- Technical and operational service reports.
NetSure360° combines security, network and performance management capabilities, according to ITC. By doing so, NetSure360° provides organizations with the ability to secure critical applications across all departments.
What Does the Future Hold for ITC?
With the SBD and G3 acquisitions, ITC looks poised to capitalize on the rising demand for cybersecurity services worldwide.
The global cybersecurity services market is projected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 15.6 percent between 2017 and 2026, market research firm Transparency Market Research stated. Also, Transparency has predicted this sector could be worth nearly $64 billion by 2026.