Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Thursday, November 9, 2017:
9. Cross-Platform Security: Bitdefender and Microsoft are partnering to strengthen security for Apple Mac devices and Linux endpoints.
8. Enterprise Mobility Management: Blancco Technology Group has launched an Erasure as a Service (EaaS) offering backed by more than a dozen major MSPs. The new offering and partner program allow MSPs to permanently erase data from all IT assets, mitigate security risks, reduce costs and comply with data protection regulations, the company says.
7. Mobile Security: Soliton Cyber & Analytics has launched SecureShield to help MSPs safeguard mobile workforces while reducing operating costs, meeting regulatory requirements and supporting initiatives to deploy new cloud services, the company asserts.
6. Mac Security: Avast has launched its 2018 Security Pro and Cleanup Pro to address the latest security and performance concerns for Mac users, the company says. Avast so far in 2017 blocked more than 250 million malware threats for Mac users, the company adds.
5. Partnership: Vectra, which automates the hunt for in-progress cyberattacks, and Phantom, which specializes in security automation and orchestration, have partnered to automate threat detection and response. They also launched the Vectra App for Phantom.
4. Cyber Skills: Fully 70 percent of IT organizations believe that the cyber security skills shortage has had an impact on their organization -- yet these same organizations (62 percent, up almost 10 percent from last year) are falling behind in providing an adequate level of training for their cyber security professionals, a new survey from the Information Systems Security Association (ISSA) and Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG) reveals.
3. Social Engineering Mitigation: SlashNext has launched the SlashNext Internet Access Protection System to protect organizations from cross platform social engineering and phishing, malware, exploits and callback attacks.
2. MSSP partnership: The Bonadio Group, which claims to be upstate New York’s largest independent provider of cybersecurity and regulatory compliance audit, assurance and consulting services, has partnered with Sedara Security on new managed security services. We'll share more details soon.
1. ConnectWise Managed Security Strategy: ConnectWise CEO Arnie Bellini will keynote IT Nation 2017 this morning in Orlando, Fla. Bellini will focus mainly on team building, but listen closely and he may reinforce the opportunity in managed security services. New security integrations with AlienVault and Arctic Wolf Networks have already surfaced at the conference. The AlienVault integration is particularly interesting, because it allows MSPs that run ConnectWise to bypass some setup complexities involving federated technologies. In short, the relationship aligns with the way MSPs consume and price security services. More security-related back hall discussions are happening at the conference. Stay tuned.