Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Tuesday, November 14, 2017:
8. Shadow Brokers Rocks NSA: A security breach and spilled secrets have shaken the NSA to its core, according to a New York Times report. We'll share more perspectives later today.
6. Cyber Insurance Strategy: Travelers Cos Inc plans to stick to its recent growth pace for sales of cyber insurance -- despite potential to boost it, as the insurer assesses risks in the segment, Reuters reported Monday. About three-quarters of cyber policies that Travelers writes cover up to $1 million in damages, while nearly a quarter cover between $1 million and $5 million, the report said.
5. MSSP Upgrade: Security On-Demand, an MSSP, has launched ThreatWatch Platform 5.0. The upgrade "will give customers and network security analysts the ability to quickly analyze billions of logs to uncover and act on cybersecurity threats in minutes," the company claims.
4. Patch Management: SentinelOne has introduced Virtual Patching and Exploit Shield to its Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP). Instead of relying on the traditional patching process to prevent attacks, security teams can use SentinelOne Virtual Patching to dramatically reduce their attack surface by identifying out-of-date applications and immediately deploying an Exploit Shield policy to “wrap” a vulnerable application, the company claims.
3. Partner Program: SecurityFirst, a provider of data-centric cyber solutions,has launched a SecurityFirst Partner Program. It features a traditional channel partner program along with a specialized MSSP partner program. SecurityFirst is looking to work with partners that have a security practice and are seeking to expand their data privacy services. Moreover, SecurityFirst is looking at quality, not quantity, in terms of partner pursuits, the company says. SecurityFirst Channel Sales Director Nicholas Waddell is driving the effort.
2. Point of Sale Security: Netsurion and Lucas Systems have partnered to promote network security and PCI compliance services into quick-service, fast-casual, and retail establishments. We'll share more details soon.
1. Cyber Training: Cybint Solutions, a BARBRI Group company, has launched Cyber Intelligence Certification (CIC) and Cyber Security Protection Certification (CSPC) programs for individuals, companies and higher education institutions.