Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Industry Recognition: SentinelOne, an autonomous cybersecurity platform company, has been recognized in the December 2022 Gartner Hype Cycle for Endpoint Security across multiple categories. (Source: Seeking Alpha)
2. Cyber Education Partnership: BlackBerry and Texas Instruments have unveiled the QNX Academy for Functional Safety. The QNX Academy is a comprehensive online software developer enablement program designed to turbocharge software innovation efforts and de-risk the product development process for safe and secure embedded systems, the companies said. (Source: Seeking Alpha)
3. Industry Recognition: Cybersecurity company Gurucul announced that its Gurucul Next-Gen SIEM has been named the winner of Security Today’s CyberSecured award in the Security and Automation Response category.
5. Versa OS Receives Certification: Versa Networks, a single-vendor secure access service edge (SASE) provider, has achieved FIPS 140-2 certification for its Versa Operating System (VOS). VOS is the foundation for Versa SASE and Versa Secure SD-WAN and includes complete end-to-end security with FIPS validated cryptography for the entire solution.
6. Trend Micro Forms 5G Subsidiary: Trend Micro has launched CTOne, a new subsidiary focused on advancing 5G network security and beyond. The group's intellectual capital and leadership come from Trend Micro's culture of innovation and is the latest incubation project to launch as a standalone business, the company said.
7. Cybersecurity Partnership: Automotive supplier Valeo and C2A Security, a provider of automated cybersecurity solutions for connected, autonomous and electric vehicles, have formed a strategic partnership. The union will enhance Valeo's cybersecurity offerings on their products in development and continuous operations while addressing the industry's need for streamlined and efficient cybersecurity, the companies said.