Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS); managed detection and response (MDR) and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers; and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Know Your Privacy Score: PrivacyHawk, a personal data protection specialist, has launched the Privacy Score, a free service for individuals to learn their privacy and personal data risk like a credit score. The Privacy Score calculates and rates privacy and data risk on a scale between 300 and 850, the same range as a credit score. The higher the score, the more secure personal data is likely to be.
2. Product Launch: Sangfor Technologies, a cybersecurity and cloud infrastructure provider, has launched its Cyber Guardian MDR (managed detection and response) service to make cybersecurity more efficient and cost-effective for companies within the Asia Pacific (APAC) region. Guardian MDR applies AI technology, incident response experience and proven methodologies to deliver the most relevant response recommendations and ensure accurate threat detection, the company said.
3. Cybersecurity Partnership: Block Harbor, an automotive cybersecurity specialist, has joined American Center Mobility (ACM) as their executive-in-residence for mobility cybersecurity. In March 2023, ACM released a new strategic plan to broaden their focus to advancing safe, sustainable and secure mobility technologies. Through this partnership, ACM and Block Harbor will collaborate to develop cybersecurity offerings and promote the cybersecurity ecosystem at ACM's global development center to help the industry meet regulations and alignment with standards for the cybersecurity of vehicles.
4. Funding Boost: Silk Security, a platform provider for sustainable cyber risk resolution, has announced the company's public launch and $12.5 million in seed funding. The funding was led by global software investor Insight Partners and Hetz Ventures, with participation of the CrowdStrike Falcon Fund and cybersecurity angel investors, including Shlomo Kramer, Mickey Boodaei and Rakesh Loonkar.
5. New Security Tool for MSPs: SaaS Alerts, a cybersecurity company that provides a SaaS security platform for MSPs, has launched Fortify. This tool is specifically designed to expedite the application of Microsoft security recommendations to improve customers' Microsoft secure scores and overall security posture, the company said.
6. Leadership Move: Resecurity, a Los Angeles-based cybersecurity company protecting Fortune 500 companies, has appointed Major General Richard M. "Dick" Lake, U.S. Marine Corps (Retired), as a senior advisor. From 2018 to 2022, Lake was the vice president of Security Services (chief security officer) at Booz Allen Hamilton. Since 2017, he also has been a Distinguished Senior Fellow with the Global Resilience Institute at Northeastern University.
7. Company Milestone: (ISC)², a nonprofit association of certified cybersecurity professionals, announced a significant milestone in its One Million Certified in Cybersecurity workforce development pledge. The rapid adoption of the Certified in Cybersecurity certification has produced more than 265,000 enrollments and 27,000-plus individuals achieving the entry-level certification in less than 10 months.
8. New Service Offering: Schneider Electric has launched a managed security services (MSS) offering to help customers in operational technology (OT) environments address the increased cyber risk associated with the demand for remote access and connectivity technologies. Powered by Schneider Electric's global Cybersecurity Connected Service Hub, this new offering provides proven technologies as flexible services to monitor cyber threats and proactively respond on behalf of customers, the company said.
9. Attack of the Space Pirates: The threat actor known as Space Pirates has been linked to attacks against at least 16 organizations in Russia and Serbia over the past year by employing novel tactics and adding new cyber weapons to its arsenal. Positive Technologies' analysis of the attack infrastructure has revealed the threat actor's interest in harvesting PST email archives as well as making use of Deed RAT malware. (Source: The Hacker News)
Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- The Official Cyber Security Summit Series (Multiple dates and locations)
- 2023 International Cybersecurity Championship and Conference (IC3) (July 31-August 4, 2023, San Diego, California)
- Black Hat (August 5-10, Las Vegas, Nevada)
- Infosec World (September 25-27, Lake Buena Vista, Florida)
- MSSP Alert Live (October 9-11, Washington, D.C.)