Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR), and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers — and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Cyber Threat Investigation: Redbot Security has identified potential perpetrators behind a concerted internet smear campaign. The threat actors have been posing as dissatisfied clients, writing fake negative reviews, launching targeted spear phishing schemes against the company and their clients, attempting system hacks into sensitive data, and continuously taunting and threatening employees on numerous platforms, the company said.
2. Partnership Announced: Member Driven Technologies (MDT) has expanded its cybersecurity offerings, introducing a new solution from Blumira. The partnership enables MDT’s credit union clients to monitor and identify real threats, block known threats with automated responses and gain access to top security expertise.
3. Product Launch: Syxsense has released updates to the Syxsense product suite designed to extend automated workflow capabilities, improve usability and enhance overall platform security. Key to this release is the introduction of Cortex Sequences, which simplifies endpoint security and management, the company said.
4. Product Launch: ACA Group, a governance, risk, and compliance advisor for the financial services sector, has launched ACA Vantage for Cyber to help private markets firms discover, prevent and remediate critical cyber vulnerabilities across their portfolio.
5. Threat Defense Release: Tidal Cyber has released the Enterprise Edition of its SaaS threat-informed defense platform. The platform brings a variety of features to make threat-informed defense achievable at scale. Threat-informed defense is a more strategic method of cybersecurity in which defenses are targeted to the techniques used by adversaries that may target the organization, the company said.
6. Data Security Advancement: Qeros has integrated a CISA and NIST-approved quantum-resistant encryption algorithm into its ransomware-resilient distributed ledger technology (DLT), increasing data security and protecting against mounting advances in cyberattacks. Quantum-resistant encryption algorithms enable Qeros to provide the highest level of encryption for data stored on its network while protecting against ransomware, the company said.
7: Industry Awards: SecurityMetrics has won three 2023 Cybersecurity Excellence Awards: "Compliance Program Management" for the SecurityMetrics PCI Program; "Cybersecurity Audit Team of the Year" for the SecurityMetrics Audit Team; and "Best Cybersecurity Book " for the SecurityMetrics Guide to HIPAA Compliance.
8: Leadership Move: Sevco Security has appointed Brian Contos as chief strategy officer. Contos will work closely with customers and partners to understand their requirements and collaborate with Sevco’s product and go-to-market teams.
9: Identity Access Release: Delinea has debuted the latest release of Server Suite, part of its Server PAM solution, which secures and consolidates identity access to servers. Enhancements include new authentication options for organizations using Active Directory (AD), multi-factor authentication (MFA), Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and IBM AIX Unix systems.
10. Free Cyber Coaching: KnowBe4, a security awareness training and simulated phishing platform provider, is releasing a free 30-day trial of its latest SecurityCoach offering. SecurityCoach offers real-time security coaching aimed at reducing risky behavior.